Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Nitto Terra Grapplers Vs. Toyo AT II In Snow And Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
LinkiN LoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitto Terra Grapplers Vs. Toyo AT II In Snow And Fit

I see a lot of discussion on these two tires. I will be getting new Tires in a week or so. The toss up is the Nitto Terra Grappler Vs. Toyo AT II (Yes i know they are owned by the same company, and remember its an ATII). Does anyone have any feedback on their performance in snow and sleet? I have a 2006 Lincoln Mk LT 2WD that im putting a 2.5 front leveler on. Going with 18 inch XD Rockstars. According to the ReadyLift website for my truck using their leveler I can go with a max of 35" x 11.5". I am transferring to VA for two years and need a good tire for all weather. Toyo AT II looks like a 285/75/R18 will work at 34.8" x 11.3", and with NITTO I want to use the 295/70/R18. I saw on someones post that the Grappler rubs and you need to trim your fender plastic guards. Is this true in all scenarios? The Grappler is 0.27 inches wider than the max width provided by ReadyLift and that may be the killer. I do not want to go with a smaller Nitto tire because the loss in lift provided by the tires would be over 2 inches Vs. the above stated Toyo AT II. Any advice would help. Thanks alot!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

As a resident of VA for my entire life...either of those choices will do just fine out here. Southern VA gets a wintery mix at best. Portions closer to DC and out in the western parts can get heavier accumulations but neither sticks around for very long. With that said, I have heard reports that the O/C AT2 and all it's siping does perform a touch better in the slick stuff. Then again, loads of people are running the Terras in these parts without issue.

Sorry that I cannot assist you on the size, but hopefully another member will be along soon to assist you there.

Where in VA are you relocating to?
The following users liked this post:
Shinesman (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 02:40 PM
LinkiN LoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate that MCDavis, I was stationed in Dahlgren for a year so I know the snow up there, but I did't have to travel very much. This time around I'll be there for 3 years and most likely do a bit of driving around. Had a car last time I was there and now I get to rock this sweet truck so I am trying to do everything right.

Quick Reply: Nitto Terra Grapplers Vs. Toyo AT II In Snow And Fit