Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

need help with wheel spacers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with wheel spacers.

i am new to using wheel spacers so please forgive my ignorance. i have had 295/70R18 tires on my 2012 f150 for a little while now. i do have a 2 inch lift on it, blocks in front with blocks added leafs and struts in the back. was using these tires and spacers to gain that extra 2 inches or so clearance. it really helped with it being a farm truck and all. plus i like the spaced look haha but anyhow the studs on the front spacers keep breaking. i was wondering if maybe there could be an alignment issue? it does see some pretty rough terrain haven't got to check it yet but it hasn't had any wobble or anything associated with bad alignments but doesn't hurt to think it i guess. i have also been told that the tires are way too heavy for spacers? i dont know if that could be true or not, but if so could i get rims that could do the job of the spacers? just need it to be clear of the control arms it doesn't rub anywhere else. hope to hear from yall soon thanks for the help yall.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:55 PM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Maybe try a higher quality spacer? I had some on my 01 that were grade 8 studs that were torqued to 150 lb ft.