Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Need advice on rims my fellow truck brothers!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on rims my fellow truck brothers!

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum. I wanted to find a home for discussing mods/issues/upgrades for my truck and I've found it!

I just recently purchased a black 2007 Ford F-150 FX4 and I am beginning the long road of upgrading and modifying. I just recently upgraded my exhaust and tinted the front windows to 15%. Now, I want to purchase some rims and tires, but I have ABSOLUTELY no clue what to get. I've been toying with the idea of getting black rims, but chrome looks good too. I just want something that looks great and different at the same time. I ordered a Fabtech 6" lift and I plan on adding a 2" leveling kit very soon. I've been eyeballing the Nitto Grapplers and the Mickey Thompson Baja Radials as far as tires go. Can you guys help me determine what rims will look awesome on my truck? I am thinking about rolling with 20" unless you have some other ideas. I plan on 36 or 37s for my tires. Let me know if I have missed anything. I like the Mazzi Hulk rims. I think they would look pretty good, but I need opinions and ideas.

I've attached two pics of my truck.

Thanks in advance guys!

Josh
Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You have a nice looking truck. As far as wheels go, what I think might look good, you might not, however a set of chrome Moto Metal Seies 951 would look really nice on your truck. There are a lot of really good tires out there. You could go with a Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains, Pro Comp Xtreme all terrains, or BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default black

Well seeing as my truck is black, ill just post some pics of it. I went with the all black look, tinted tails and third brake light and fog lights, blacked out badges, tinted windows, black headlights, black XD series Monsters 18x9, and 325/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on rims my fellow truck brothers!-img_1711.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Senior Member: Will

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

check out kmc and xd series wheels they seem to be very popular especially if you want black rims. However I just ordered my eagle alloy super black 197's which look sweet. I too have a black truck
Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm amazed at the number of patterns and general choices available. It's crazy! This is my first time picking out wheels for a vehicle. Up until now, I've just driven everything stock (plus I've been paying for college). I keep going back and forth on the chrome or black. I've posted a picture below of a truck similar to mine that has the Mazzi Hulk 20". The only difference is the truck in the pic below doesn't have the gray strip going across the bottom of the truck like mine. Not sure if the rims would still look as good or not. I like the XD rockstarts with the grapplers, but I'm not sure how it would look on the truck. Opinions?
Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I really like the Mazzi Hulk wheels and they were a strong consideration for me when I got my new wheels. I went with the KMC XD Monsters in chrome and never regretted it. I also like the old Helo Maxx 6's I had on my truck previously.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need advice on rims my fellow truck brothers!