Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

More lift up front and wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default More lift up front and wheel spacers

Before reading I am ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I am sorry if I sound like an idiot. Any information is appreciated.

I have a 2009 F-150 FX4 with a 2.5" leveling kit, 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers on stock 20" rims. I do not have any rubbing issues since I have the Iron Cross bumper. The only issue I have is rubbing on the upper control arms since I dont have enough offset. I have read all about spacers and talked to several local shops but I am still not sure on what to do. My second issue is my truck still isn't level since the aftermarket bumper makes the front end sag a little.

1. Wheel spacers - I do not off road or take my truck through any kind of mud 99% of the time. Most of the time I am riding up and down the road. I do hunt and guide hunts so I do not want to do anything that will limit my offroad use. What do yall suggest? I like the look of my stock rims and would like to keep them, but I do not want to sacrifice breaking things over keeping the stock rims, but I want to explore all options before getting new rims.

2. More lift up front - Most will think I am crazy looking at the pictures, but it bugs me every time I look at my truck. The 2.5" leveling kit would be enough if I didn't have the bumper. I have read too many bad reviews on the 3" leveling kits so I defiantly will not be doing that. Will installing new shocks like the Blisten 5100 on top of my 2.5" leveling kit help me any? Or do I just bite the bullet and go with a 4" lift? I am worried that if I install the 4" lift the front end will still sag because of the bumper. I talked with F150lifts and I figured that once I pay 900.00 for Coilovers I might as well just lift my truck.

Again, I hope I don't sound too ignorant and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails More lift up front and wheel spacers-fullsizerender.jpg   More lift up front and wheel spacers-img_1363.jpg  
Old 05-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Custom User Title!

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

If you are going with wheel spacers make sure to get hubcentric ones.

And you can't stack lifts like the Holsteins and the leveling kit. If you want to go any higher than you are right now you will need a drop bracket lift.

Quick Reply: More lift up front and wheel spacers