Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Many no name tires ..... made buy USA based company

Old 11-10-2014, 12:24 AM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Many no name tires ..... made buy USA based company

I was searching around for tires and Im like most looking for the best tire I can afford .... I wanted Toyo RT's but way outta my price range , looked at a few other options like Nitto but I've had 3 consecutive sets of them (good tire) just want something different..... I had always heard Cooper tires were really good and usually that means $$ , so I started looking at the Cooper ST Max which isn't cheap either but I found a few places in my price range and am planing on buying them in the morn ...
I scrolled through all kinds of tires over the last week or so that looked great but I'd never heard of the brands before so I decided to find out who actually made them .... well I tell ya I can see why I've read so many positve reviews on these No name Brand tires .....Cooper makes them ...
In addition to Avon, Cooper Tire manufactures tires under the associated brand name]Dean, Mastercraft and Starfire.Cooper Tire formerly manufactured all tires sold under the Sears Guardsman brand at Sears, Roebuck & Co. stores. Cooper manufactures tires for Discount Tire Company under the Arizonian brand name, and Futura Tires for Pep Boys.Cooper Tire also manufactures Hercules branded tires(no wonder they are so Bad A**) and they also make..... Mickey Thompson , Dick Cepek and Kenda ...they make a great lookin MTA

Last edited by GotHonks?; 11-10-2014 at 02:10 AM. Reason: add a few more brands
The following users liked this post:
TNHItter (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 04:46 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Cooper has really revamped there product line and come out with some great products in the last couple of years. They make 3 tires specifically for us at Discount Tire as they do many other retailers I'm sure. I'm a fan of Cooper.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 224 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHonks?
I was searching around for tires and Im like most looking for the best tire I can afford .... I wanted Toyo RT's but way outta my price range , looked at a few other options like Nitto but I've had 3 consecutive sets of them (good tire) just want something different..... I had always heard Cooper tires were really good and usually that means $$ , so I started looking at the Cooper ST Max which isn't cheap either but I found a few places in my price range and am planing on buying them in the morn ...
I scrolled through all kinds of tires over the last week or so that looked great but I'd never heard of the brands before so I decided to find out who actually made them .... well I tell ya I can see why I've read so many positve reviews on these No name Brand tires .....Cooper makes them ...
In addition to Avon, Cooper Tire manufactures tires under the associated brand name]Dean, Mastercraft and Starfire.Cooper Tire formerly manufactured all tires sold under the Sears Guardsman brand at Sears, Roebuck & Co. stores. Cooper manufactures tires for Discount Tire Company under the Arizonian brand name, and Futura Tires for Pep Boys.Cooper Tire also manufactures Hercules branded tires(no wonder they are so Bad A**) and they also make..... Mickey Thompson , Dick Cepek and Kenda ...they make a great lookin MTA
Dude... Good call! Looks like I'll be getting one of these brands as opposed to a more expensive name brand. However, I do know you get what you pay for.... I'll have to do some research.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:20 PM
I Like Tires

Originally Posted by Fbcoach
Dude... Good call! Looks like I'll be getting one of these brands as opposed to a more expensive name brand. However, I do know you get what you pay for.... I'll have to do some research.
Cooper makes what I like to refer to as Bang for your Buck tires to customers. You'll get nearly the same tread life as a tier 3 tire brand, just maybe sacrificing a little noise or ride quality that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. While paying $2/3 the cost of a michelin.

Now don't get me wrong they do make some low quality tier 1 tires that are a waist of money IMO but so does Michelin and Goodyear with their Fisk and SA4 brands respectively. Low quality cheap tier 1 tires will always be around unfortunately.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
Cooper makes what I like to refer to as Bang for your Buck tires to customers. You'll get nearly the same tread life as a tier 3 tire brand, just maybe sacrificing a little noise or ride quality that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. While paying $2/3 the cost of a michelin.

Now don't get me wrong they do make some low quality tier 1 tires that are a waist of money IMO but so does Michelin and Goodyear with their Fisk and SA4 brands respectively. Low quality cheap tier 1 tires will always be around unfortunately.

I was looking at all of them... They all seem relatively cheaper than Nittos.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:57 PM
I Like Tires

I was looking at all of them... They all seem relatively cheaper than Nittos.
And the quality is right up there with them IMO.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:08 PM

And the quality is right up there with them IMO.
Coopers are definitely cheaper. What would you say is their best "off brand" I like the look of Hercules, and also like the look of the Mastercraft Coursers.... I was also looking at Atturo TrailBlades, but no one has tested those in the snow, obviously.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:13 PM
I Like Tires

Coopers are definitely cheaper. What would you say is their best "off brand" I like the look of Hercules, and also like the look of the Mastercraft Coursers.... I was also looking at Atturo TrailBlades, but no one has tested those in the snow, obviously.
Most "off-brands" aren't going to be the high quality tires. Those are reserved for the parent company.

I don't actually carry there off brand models but some of the off brands are the same tire just maybe a different rubber compound to reduce manufacturing cost and lower retail price. Mastercraft carries some of the same cooper tires but there is likely something different in order to have a lower retail price.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Most "off-brands" aren't going to be the high quality tires. Those are reserved for the parent company.

I don't actually carry there off brand models but some of the off brands are the same tire just maybe a different rubber compound to reduce manufacturing cost and lower retail price. Mastercraft carries some of the same cooper tires but there is likely something different in order to have a lower retail price.
Yeah. I'm willing to sacrifice ride quality a little bit if it saves me money. Unless I just pick up the Coopers, as opposed to Nittos. I'm not sure. This is all day dreaming right now. But I always have to do the research before I buy.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:27 PM
I Like Tires

Yeah. I'm willing to sacrifice ride quality a little bit if it saves me money. Unless I just pick up the Coopers, as opposed to Nittos. I'm not sure. This is all day dreaming right now. But I always have to do the research before I buy.
Well you already know you get what you pay for, so I would recommend Cooper over one of their off brands. There is a reason their off brands cost less and it's likely tread life more so than ride quality.

If you went with Cooper or Nitto you wouldn't be disappointed either way though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Many no name tires ..... made buy USA based company