Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Lift and Rims / Tires Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift and Rims / Tires Discussion

Hey y'all!

I recently purchased a 2012 f150 ecoboost XLT.

First thing I did to it was put a lift kit and a new set of rims and tires. I did my share of research beforehand and wanted to share my results..

Knowing I wanted to lift the truck, I was torn between a 4 and 6 inch lift. After extensive research I just decided to go big with the 6in pro comp lift since that is what is put on many Fords sold off the lot. I have absolutely no complaints of the kit as I have been driving it for a little over a month now. Runs smooth as can be. It does not feel top-heavy when taking on corners as I sort of envisioned it would.. Also, I was a little nervous it would be too high since i was comparing to the 4 but it turns out its not too high but perfect in my opinion. Not a pain to get in and out of but still get the head turning looks cruising through town

The lift is 6in in the front and 4in in the back, so I was able to get the leveled look as well.

As for the rims and tires, I went with 35/12.50/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Again, have no complaints and LOVE the aggressive look of these tires. They are not very loud in my opinion but you can hear the hum with the windows down. I had these tires wrapped on 20in Fuel Maverick wheels which I also love the look of. +5mm offset.

Overall, I absolutely love how the truck has turned out thus far. Can't wait to get the paint matched, etc, etc etc

Here's some before and after pics:

Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Dude your lift looks great. I was considering doing a lift but I just got a leveling kit. I know that a lift is definitely the way to go, but for now this got me the clearance I wanted for 35's. I think next year I will go that route. Here is my 2010 FX4. Had the factory 20" but went down to 18" procomps to have a more aggressive look with Atturo M/Ts (35x12.5R18) Did this last week and I am loving it! Getting tons of compliments on it and enjoy driving it around.

Quick Reply: Lift and Rims / Tires Discussion