Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

help with choosing a tire size.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

Default help with choosing a tire size.

I would like some firsthand experience from those who have either tire. My truck is about 90% city driving, occasional beach days on the weekend and some camp trips in the summer holidays. No mudding (at least not on purpose) or off road driving, 3.55 gear ratio. I like the MPG’s with the EcoBoost but I hate the stock tires. I want something a little more aggressive looking. The two sizes I’m considering are 275/65/20 or 285/60/20. As of right now I’m leaning towards the 285’s mainly because I feel as they will get me better MPG’s than the 275/65’s. I’m getting a little height and width with the 285’s over just the height with the 275’s. Along with less revolutions and smaller circumference. I was set on the Terra Grapplers G2 but noticed they don’t come in 285/60, only the Duratrac’s do. I wasn’t able to find the tire weight on the G2’s, the Duratrac’s are 57lbs for the 285/60.

No 295's or 305's.

I also plan on going with 1.5-2” front level and 2” rear blocks but all is basically on hold for the time being. I’m just doing my homework now. Closing on our house next week and a baby coming in the fall.

my truck currently.

Quick Reply: help with choosing a tire size.