Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Help! Can't Find Wheels I Like

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Unhappy Help! Can't Find Wheels I Like

My 2008 F-150 Supercab 4x4 is getting new 20" wheels and tires for summer use only. The tires are here. I had ordered a set of Roush wheels only to find out that they are no longer made . I want a simple 5 or 6 spoke chrome wheel with no fake bolts and with exposed lug nuts. Proprietary for my application; 2004-2014, 6x135 mm. Here is a picture of the Roush wheel that I thought was perfect. Here is a picture of an American Racing wheel that I could live with. They are pretty cheap though and I wonder about the quality. Is anyone familiar with American Racing wheels? Can anyone help me find a wheel like the Roush ones? There are two sets on e-bay but they both have salt damage. I want show quality wheels. Here's a pic of my truck too. TIA.

Name:  roush-chrome-wheel-20x8-5-38mm-04-12-10_zps9c692af8.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  AmericanRacingwheel_zps55a257d0.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  Pics013Medium.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  105.6 KB
Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I have American Racing wheels on my truck and love the appearance.

AR has been making wheels for decades so there are no worries about quality.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=Rnlcomp;3851163]I have American Racing wheels on my truck and love the appearance.

AR has been making wheels for decades so there are no worries about quality.

Thanks. That's good to know since the AR wheel is my second choice to the Roush. Does anyone know of anyone that may have a leftover set of the Roush wheels available?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM

A giant F-150 specific forum like this and I get ONE (appreciated) reply? Did I put this in the wrong spot? This doesn't show up under "new posts". Are you guys just not interested in wheels?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Have you looked on tirerack.com? They have a huge selection and actually show you what your truck looks like with what ever wheel you select. That's how I found mine (bought them from jegs.com due to price) but the visualizer on tire rack is great.

Wheels are personal for each person so maybe that's why no other replies? Sometimes the forum gets slow due to life and all that. LOL
Old 12-10-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Have you looked on tirerack.com? They have a huge selection and actually show you what your truck looks like with what ever wheel you select. That's how I found mine (bought them from jegs.com due to price) but the visualizer on tire rack is great.

Wheels are personal for each person so maybe that's why no other replies? Sometimes the forum gets slow due to life and all that. LOL
Yeah, I got the tires from tire rack but didn't see any wheels that I liked. Well if no one has had bad experience with American Racing wheels I am leaning toward those that I pictured in the first post. I just thought that wheel talk would get a ton of responses. That's OK. I appreciate the ones I got. That red truck is really sharp, I am partial to the Supercab design with the hidden rear doors.
The following users liked this post:
RLXXI (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DonziHauler
That red truck is really sharp, I am partial to the Supercab design with the hidden rear doors.

Thanks, the crew was just too much people space and not enough cargo space, I bought my truck to haul not ferry people around but wanted that little bit of extra interior for the occasional extra person or 2. The suicide doors just icing on the cake so to speak.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM

My second choice of the AR wheel is available at Tirerack but these conflicting reviews scare me:

American Racing Authentic Hot Rod AR604 Torq-Thrust ST Chrme Chrome Plated (20" diameter) Reviewer's Overall Rating: 10
November 11, 2014
I love these wheels.I've had them for 9 years and they still look great.The chrome shine will still blind you.I do store them for the winter months but come spring time my '03 Tahoe blings.I highly recommend them.
Was this review helpful? Registered users can answer "yes" or "no." Log In | Create an Account
American Racing Authentic Hot Rod AR604 Torq-Thrust ST Chrme Chrome Plated (20" diameter) Reviewer's Overall Rating: 8.1
April 03, 2014
These wheels were great looking. But, within one year, the chrome plating started to flake. Then a few months later, the wheels were pitting. I am so disappointed with American Racing Wheels. I always bought their wheels and they use to be top of the line. BTW, I have always taken care of the wheels. Kept them polished but the chrome just kept flaking off piece by piece.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:05 PM
14 King Ranch Black

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm planning to get some Torq Thrust ST 20" chrome for mine in the spring. I'll mount my factory Pirelli's on them (RWL IN) and use them for summer wheels.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Spong
I'm planning to get some Torq Thrust ST 20" chrome for mine in the spring. I'll mount my factory Pirelli's on them (RWL IN) and use them for summer wheels.
That's what I am doing. I ordered the AR Torq Thrust ST 20s today for $274 each with no shipping or sales tax from Summit. The tires are here. I'll get them mounted up and ready to go on in the spring.

Name:  AmericanRacingwheel_zps55a257d0.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  9.8 KB

Quick Reply: Help! Can't Find Wheels I Like