Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Grinding noise going over bumps at an angle

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise going over bumps at an angle

I bought a 2010 SCREW Lariat last year and every now and then when going over a bump at an angle, like turning into a steep drive way, it makes a grinding noise and I can feel it grinding with my foot that is on the brake pad. It does not do it when I am driving straight and can go over any size bump at any speed without it happening. I put a 2.5" leveling kit and the same size tires (275/70/18) and got an alignment on my truck hoping that would help, but still have the same issue. Anyone have this issue before?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:53 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Default Grinding noise going over bumps at an angle

If you feel it in the brake pedal it sounds like your ABS is kicking in for some reason.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:03 PM

I'm having the same problem, but it seems to stay on all the time as if the abs is on. Then it will go away for a couple of day , then back on again. Have never got an abs light. I have a 2013 f150 . I took it to ford they thought the abs was saying on also and would get back to me. Talk to them this morning. They want to try some different tires to see if it makes a difference. I had my snow tires install about a month ago. They are the same size as the stock ones. 275/55/20 this is the second winter on this set of tires. I have seen a loss in fuel mileage around 3 mpg. I had the same problem with the stock tires also. Every time I would take it to have it checked it wouldn't do it. This last time they were finally able to hear it. I'll try the different tires and will post again.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:33 AM

After my original post, I did some more research and read that the ABS module needs to be updated. I took my truck into the dealer and asked them to reprogram the ABS module with the most current update and it took care of my problem. They did not want to do it at first and said it would not take care of the problem. I told them to do it anyway, paid $50 and was out of there in 30 minutes. I have not had an issue since with ABS kicking at all since they updated it.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by gsbtx19
After my original post, I did some more research and read that the ABS module needs to be updated. I took my truck into the dealer and asked them to reprogram the ABS module with the most current update and it took care of my problem. They did not want to do it at first and said it would not take care of the problem. I told them to do it anyway, paid $50 and was out of there in 30 minutes. I have not had an issue since with ABS kicking at all since they updated it.
Thanks I will check in to it when I take it back to ford, of course it's not doing it now. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Grinding noise going over bumps at an angle