Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

Duratrac vs Cooper ST Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrac vs Cooper ST Maxx

this is my first post here and i'm kinda embarrassed that it's a "which tire ?" question (i apologize in advance !) ... just bought my first pickup truck , a silver '11 XLT scab 5.0 with stock 18"(7.5w) wheels & tires, chrome package. 39K miles. Will be my daily driver(no towing or hauling) with a mix of city/highway. I don't really offroad at all. I'm in the Chicago area. So I want to toughen-up the look of the whole truck(more aggressive) and plan on doing probably a Bilstein leveling kit(2-2.5") among some other things. 1st I want to replace the stock tires with a more aggressive-looking tire(while keeping my stock rims) and my local Discount Tire just quoted me the same price(abt 266 per incl/install) for both Duratracs and Cooper ST Maxx. I like the 'looks' of both so now my most important considerations are snow/slush/ice/rain safety followed by treadwear and gas mileage(loss). I'm looking for advice from y'all on these particular characteristics of these 2 tires. Thanx in advance for your help !
Old 07-25-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Personal preference but i wouldn't put a Goodyear on any vehicle i own. Never have. I've got the Coopers in my garage right now. I'm going to go put them on tomorrow morning before it gets too hot outside. I've run Nitto TerraGrapplers for the last 5 years or so and wanted to try something different. Have Discount Tire tell you the weight for each tire you are considering. should be between 53 and 60lbs. If it is more than that the rolling weight is going to kill your gas mileage in a city setting.

Quick Reply: Duratrac vs Cooper ST Maxx