Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Wheels & Tires
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read StoreVendor Directory

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Auto Spring leveling kit nightmare!

Tried to put on my 2in Auto Spring leveling kit this weekend with no success! I started out by only removing the top portion of the strut assembly and leaving the bottom still bolted on to make everything smoother to reassemble. After installing the spacer on the top strut I couldn't get it back in. So I then proceeded to remove the whole strut and start by bolting the top in first and then the lower. Couldn't get it to fit that way either!

After removing just about every bolt and screw including the calipers, rotor and axel assembly just to fit the damn strut back into place I was left with so much tension on the A arm that it was touching the spring when I lowered my truck. Its like the spring didn't even compress half an inch or so, nothing. It definitely didn't look right nor feel good so I began to disassemble everything and remove the spacer.

I had my buddy help me put these on at his work on a lift and he even said that something wasn't right here and he's a mechanic for Audi and has done plenty of spacer installs.

I'm starting to think that the spacers I bought are at fault here. The welding on them is completely crooked and offset. Could this be the reason why these aren't fitting right?

I've done some research on the forums around here and it seems to me that plenty of people have had headache free experience putting these things on. Most of them without having to take off and unscrew as many things as we had to do this weekend.

I really don't want to go through this headache again and would definitely like to refund these spacers to get something a little more trouble free to install. If the spacers are to blame I think I'm going to go with daystar or something so I don't have to worry about having them welded improperly.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached an image below of the Auto Spring spacers to see if these are normal like everyone else that has them.

I purchased these spacers directly from AutoSpring Corp, not Ebay.

Click the image to open in full size.
Pete_Eco_XLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
B-52 Chief

I installed the 2.5" kit which looks exactly like the one in your pic without any problems. Followed the provided directions & took it for an alignment when complete. No problem to date..
2011 FX4 SCAB EcoBoost: 3" MBRP Cat Back, 2.5" Auto Spring Level, Recon Smoked 3rd brake light, Bakflip F1, AIRAID CAI, Craven Speed antenna, Carriage Works Lwr billet grill, 20% LLumar front windows, 6000K HID headlights/fog lights, LED swap for (reverse, map, dome, license plate,& puddles)
ecoboosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #3

Read your eBay auction listing. The offset is on purpose.
roadPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #4

did u turn the strut 180 degrees
Flowmaster Super 40 Exhaust, 2 Inch Autospring, Nitto Terra G's - 275/65r18, Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint, Hidden Bug Screen, Front Signal Mirror Mod, All Weather Floor Mats, Glowshift Voltmeter
FiveOhFuzzF150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #5

Leveling kit wasn't from Ebay. I ordered it directly from Auto Spring Corp. Yes I turned the strut 180 and today I decided to give it another try.

Problem I was having was installing the spacers on the wrong side. There was no stickers or marking on the spacers as to specify which goes where. After trial and error I think I got it right. Really happy with the final look.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
Deer Slayer

They are labeled..Stamped "D" for drivers side right in the steel and it clearly states this in the DIRECTIONS!! Slow down and take time to read through them a couple times first before you start tearing things apart..
sluggo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #7

Hey I'm new on here. I'm looking at trading in my '06 Silverado for a new F150 Ecoboost. Yours is pretty damn sharp! Have you noticed much change in mileage since you added the leveling kit?
MrMctavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Deer Slayer

You asking me or the OP? Leveling kit won't affect mileage at all but bigger tires will. I only went up to 33" from stock 32". Sure I will lose some but very minimal at most. Wasn't even worth recalibrating the speedo. Checked it against my gps and at 60mph it is just about right on.

Last edited by sluggo1; 04-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.
sluggo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #9

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo1 View Post
You asking me or the OP? Leveling kit won't affect mileage at all but bigger tires will. I only went up to 33" from stock 32". Sure I will lose some but very minimal at most. Wasn't even worth recalibrating the speedo. Checked it against my gps and at 60mph it is just about right on.
from my experience and many other peoples a leveling kit WILL cause at least 1 mpg loss...which is not a big deal.
D Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #10

Default trouble with 2.5" Autospring lift kit

Hello, I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting this in the right location. I had the Ford dealership install an Autospring 2.5" leveling on my 2012 F150 reg cab with HD payload package. Now it's making a humming sound when driving on the road and the mechanic said, when on the hoist the front wheels don't even turn anymore. The dealership called Autospring...they weren't helpful.
Has anyone else had this problem?
F150Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:51 PM