Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Yiippee and bad luck HTC 35

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Default Yiippee and bad luck HTC 35

Alrighty I figured out my brain burp form the other day on my Pioneer HU. I guess I never went into the settings and turned on the rear view camera. After I did that the HU started to work imagine that(-; Now my problem is I don't get any video from the camera. The HU goes to a blank screen saying images may be reversed and the image stays black. I moved the RCA plug over to the Aux in and tried it there to see if there was video. No Joy.

Is there another way to test this camera or do I just say it is toast and get another one. It is an Xovision HTC35.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Some cameras come with a mirror version, you are able to switch between the two, if yours does not you may need one that does mirror. You could hook up the power and ground and put the rca in the back of a tv to verify.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok simple first test, hook camera directly to HU with a short RCA and connect power while sitting in your front seat. Test it there, if it has output the video will appear on the HU reversed or not. Double check all pwer connections make sure you have power then if still no display try another camera if you have one. Or as stated above find a TV with RCA inputs and test it there also if still no display yes try a third camera however test it before you leave the store and make sure it works... Most stores will test new equipment for you before you leave, if you ask... No one will offer to do it, but ask... Once you have determined it to be the HU if camera tests fine then replace HU, start testing again... Also make sure you hookup all the wires for the camera it needs +12volts a ground and some need +12volts from the reverse so you can substitute the same +12 volts to test with... A camera I have worked with required ground to activate but I can only remember that once having happened...

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 06-08-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Default Thanks Guys

my daughter has a video camera with an RCA out, so I am going to hook that up to the back of the HU. If it works then I will try the camera again. I did double check power and ground and used my meter on the cameras connector and power was getting there. So I figure there might be a fuse in the camera that is open.

Thanks Again

Quick Reply: Yiippee and bad luck HTC 35