Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Yet another 09 Head Unit and stereo install question, PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Do Work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Yet another 09 Head Unit and stereo install question, PLEASE HELP!

Alright....finally installing my system this week. Pics and write up to follow, but I had a few questions before I go ***** deep in this endeavor.....

09 STX F150 REG CAB - NO SYNC, replacing stock, crap *** radio

The Setup:
Alpine 9887 Head Unit
Clarion 1/2 din 7 band EQ
JL G4500 Amp
JL C5-570 Component Set
JL 10W3V3 4 ohm sub
Rockford 8g Wiring Kit and extras
Scorshe Dash Kit
Custom box made to sub specs

The questions:
Can you elaborate on where the 3 bolts are and how exactly to get the stock dash kit off??

I picked up a regular $14.99 Best Buy wiring harness and antenna adaptor for the head unit. Other than having to run the remote to the light blue wire in the kick panel, will this harness work?? Trying to avoid buying that stupid $80 harness. I could care less if the display reads BUILT FOR TOUGH or not.

Other than those couple of questions I think the install should be pretty straight forward but if there are ANY other pointers let me know. Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Yo Nadz
Alright....finally installing my system this week. Pics and write up to follow, but I had a few questions before I go ***** deep in this endeavor.....

09 STX F150 REG CAB - NO SYNC, replacing stock, crap *** radio

The Setup:
Alpine 9887 Head Unit
Clarion 1/2 din 7 band EQ
JL G4500 Amp
JL C5-570 Component Set
JL 10W3V3 4 ohm sub
Rockford 8g Wiring Kit and extras
Scorshe Dash Kit
Custom box made to sub specs

The questions:
Can you elaborate on where the 3 bolts are and how exactly to get the stock dash kit off??

I picked up a regular $14.99 Best Buy wiring harness and antenna adaptor for the head unit. Other than having to run the remote to the light blue wire in the kick panel, will this harness work?? Trying to avoid buying that stupid $80 harness. I could care less if the display reads BUILT FOR TOUGH or not.

Other than those couple of questions I think the install should be pretty straight forward but if there are ANY other pointers let me know. Thanks in advance!!
Just one word of advice....do not run the "remote" wire from your new radio to the light blue wire in the kick panel. The remote wire that comes out of the new radio gets ran to the "remote in" area in your amp. The ACC or "switched" wire from your new radio will go to the light blue wire in the kick panel. but im sure you'llsee that in the radios install paperwork
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Do Work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimelessR1
Just one word of advice....do not run the "remote" wire from your new radio to the light blue wire in the kick panel. The remote wire that comes out of the new radio gets ran to the "remote in" area in your amp. The ACC or "switched" wire from your new radio will go to the light blue wire in the kick panel. but im sure you'llsee that in the radios install paperwork
gotcha. I guess I didn't think into it far enough. thanks for the heads up. any more words of wisdom?

Quick Reply: Yet another 09 Head Unit and stereo install question, PLEASE HELP!