Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

yep, going with a better setup now after two weeks lol!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yep, going with a better setup now after two weeks lol!

since 10s did not impress me, and yea everyone told me that i needed a bigger amp i am selling everything and stepping up to 12s and a amp that will match with the subs! so if anyone is interested in buying my setup let me know, also if anyone knows of a awesome setup that will turn heads let me know too! im thinking of going with the 12 inch box from supercrewsound, subs and amp I am undecided maybe the cvx 12s and a audioque 1200d (this may be slightly underpowering them). some people have told me to go with re audio subs, what yall think?

Last edited by 4dalltheWay; 11-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:36 AM

ok before you buy the subs and box i have a questions for you 1. how loud do you want it

because if i was you i would do the 2 cvx 10"s on that AQ1200 and if you are set on the prefabed box then get the bigger one from supercrew sound then add a port

the easiest way to do that is to get some 5in pvc pipe and tuned to 38hz it would need to be 15.5in long for that box and that setup would walk all over 2 12s in the same sealed box

Last edited by mad4002; 11-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:21 PM

when you say "get the bigger box from supercrewsound" you are talking about the added 5'8 depth to it right? Thats what I have already. Why do you say that I should stay with 10s instead of going with 12s? Oh yea, I want it to be loud!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by 4dalltheWay
when you say "get the bigger box from supercrewsound" you are talking about the added 5'8 depth to it right? Thats what I have already. Why do you say that I should stay with 10s instead of going with 12s? Oh yea, I want it to be loud!
no i was talking about there one that requires the seat lift that has a total of 1.9cuft of airspace i believe to one you have only has 1.2cuft

and the reason i say stay with the 10s is because you dont have the airspace for 2 10s
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Audio Junkie

2 10's if done right can be louder than 2 15's. my 2 12's at 2000 watts lost to 1000 watts to 2 8's. or maybe it was 1500 to them. anyways its all about how effecient your speakers are. the better your air space or air reqiurments to fit the speaker the more efficent the speaker will be. Thus they will be louder. you can make two 10's really loud man. But if you want 12's they wont sound good under the seat sorry man just not enough air space for a sealed box. you could go for just SPL and have a ported box. But then you will sacrifice sound quality.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A ported box does not HAVE to sacrifice sound quality. They can be configured to sound fantastic, in fact. It's only when you mismatch the sub to the enclosure or intentionally mistune the enclosure to get maximum output at a single frequency that SQ takes a serious hit.

You're marginal on space right now for a pair of ported 10s. Even with 1.9 total to play with, after you get adequate port area and subtract the port volume, you're really only looking at enough space for a single ported 10 done right. The right 10 with the right box can hammer the crap out of the pair you have now.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by helotaxi
A ported box does not HAVE to sacrifice sound quality. They can be configured to sound fantastic, in fact. It's only when you mismatch the sub to the enclosure or intentionally mistune the enclosure to get maximum output at a single frequency that SQ takes a serious hit.

You're marginal on space right now for a pair of ported 10s. Even with 1.9 total to play with, after you get adequate port area and subtract the port volume, you're really only looking at enough space for a single ported 10 done right. The right 10 with the right box can hammer the crap out of the pair you have now.
HATE TO BE A HIJACKER, BUT...............
I was thinking of buying 2 10's for my system. I think i may want to learn more from you guys. I already have amps, but no subs or box. Please give me some pointers!! Here's my thread:

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/pionee...install-69508/

Please let the education begin!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:36 PM

ok ok ok, ill give the 10s 1 more try. Ill order that audioque 1200d amp and put that to the subs and see how it sounds. Maybe a bigger box down the road too.

Quick Reply: yep, going with a better setup now after two weeks lol!