Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring powered sub/amp - power

Old 09-19-2013, 12:07 PM
ab1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring powered sub/amp - power

I recently installed Infinity Kappa's in all 4 doors with some help from the forum...thanks a lot for the help! 2010 SCrew, btw.

Next step is a Sound Ordnance 8-pt to fill out the bass a little more.

I plan to splice into the rear speaker wires to the high level input on the sub's amp (quick connect splice), as well as a fuse tap into fuse 38 (?) for remote. The only other run is the power wire, I believe.

My long term plan is a 4 channel amp: 2 channels to the front Infinitys (rear will just stay on the HU) and bridge the other two to a different sub setup under the seat (get rid of the SO). This will have to wait though.

In other words, when I run the power wire, I need it to be big enough for the SO as well as a potential future upgrade. Should I go with 8 or 10 wire? Does anyone know the length I need to order and good/cheap source for it? Also, do I need to place a fuse near the battery and where is the best place to run through the firewall?

Sorry if that's too many questions, but I'm hoping there is a well informed member that can help me knock this out in a quick response. Thanks!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

To be safe go with a 4 gauge. Plenty of capacity if future needs require it. I think I ordered 15' when I installed mine. Yes have a fuse near the battery and I found a rubber grommet in the passenger side firewall. I went through the grommet.

Last edited by Tallyman89; 09-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I double that 4 gauge and same spot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring powered sub/amp - power