Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring Metra Axxess ASWC-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Metra Axxess ASWC-1

Hi guys,

I'm having a heck of a time wiring the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 (steering wheel control adapter) for my Pioneer 2700BS aftermarket head unit. These are the online instructions:

http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10901.pdf

So, in summary here's what I did:

1) Connect black wire of SWC adapter to ground
2) Connect red wire of SWC to 12v red wire on Metra harness adapter
3) Connect white/green wire of SWC to pin 18 of the Metra harness (I think the wire was all green)

Then it says to "Ground Pin 19" which is a white wire on my Metra harness. I did this and it caused all of the speakers to stop working and only let the subwoofer work...so I undid that.

Does anyone have a picture of it all wired up? I can get the SWC black box to light up, flash 7 green lights, flash 6 red lights, but then it keeps flashing red instead of becoming a solid red light.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:17 AM
New to F150s

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you don't get anyone to reply with pictures as you ask for, i'd definitely suggest calling Metra's tech support, they would potentially be a big help: echsupport@metra-autosound.com or 800.253.TECH (8324)
Old 04-29-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Metra tech is AWESOME. You'll get it working in no time after talking to them most likely.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Nihsnek
Hi guys,

I'm having a heck of a time wiring the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 (steering wheel control adapter) for my Pioneer 2700BS aftermarket head unit. These are the online instructions:

http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10901.pdf

So, in summary here's what I did:

1) Connect black wire of SWC adapter to ground
2) Connect red wire of SWC to 12v red wire on Metra harness adapter
3) Connect white/green wire of SWC to pin 18 of the Metra harness (I think the wire was all green)

Then it says to "Ground Pin 19" which is a white wire on my Metra harness. I did this and it caused all of the speakers to stop working and only let the subwoofer work...so I undid that.

Does anyone have a picture of it all wired up? I can get the SWC black box to light up, flash 7 green lights, flash 6 red lights, but then it keeps flashing red instead of becoming a solid red light.
Connect the White/Green wire of the ASWC-1 to pin 18 of the vehicle not the Metra harness. That is where it gets the factory signal from.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:55 PM

I am having the same issue. I used a Metra connector and tried the Access wire in the back using a connector to avoid having to cut into the vehicle wiring. Any reason this should not work? I am getters no red/green blinking LEDs too.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bigcanoe
I am having the same issue. I used a Metra connector and tried the Access wire in the back using a connector to avoid having to cut into the vehicle wiring. Any reason this should not work? I am getters no red/green blinking LEDs too.
That is the way I do it. Do you have all the other wires hooked up correctly and are you using the correct factory wire for your 2004? When in doubt call Metra. They are great
Old 11-14-2015, 01:13 PM

Ya it just seem flaky. Usually it's non functional when I start, and usually it starts working after the truck runs a while, so I am not sure.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 PM

Ya it just seem flaky. Usually it's non functional when I start, and usually it starts working after the truck runs a while, so I am not sure.
Something is wrong somewhere
Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 AM

One thing, instead of splicing into the truck wire, I installed the connection using a pin into the metra wring harness. I could splice directly into the truck wiring but I was trying to avoid that.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:41 PM

One thing, instead of splicing into the truck wire, I installed the connection using a pin into the metra wring harness. I could splice directly into the truck wiring but I was trying to avoid that.
Just use a quick connector. That could be the problem.

Quick Reply: Wiring Metra Axxess ASWC-1