Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring HU without SYNC for SYNC truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring HU without SYNC for SYNC truck

I am looking at installing the Kenwood DDX372 and I am trying to figure out if there is a wiring harness I can use other than the PAC MSFRD1. I don't care to retain SYNC and it seems silly to pay $100+ for it when the Kenwood offers BT. I have a 2011 F150 XLT non nav with SYNC radio.

Overall I want the XM, steering wheel controls (PAC SWI RC), and the Scosche 1438b dash kit. Am is missing anything else for the install. I did replace door speakers with Pioneer 6x8's and put tweeters in the sails.. it did improve the crappy audio, but I am looking for a little more with XM

Thx,
Matt
Old 04-15-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-5520 you may have to run a wire to the ign switch as the newer trucks turn the radio on thru data and not a reg ign wire.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Weatherman71,

Appreciate the response, but after hours of researching I decided to just do it right and buy the MSFRD1 harness...all is ordered and hopefully installed next week.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:07 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Pig 281
Thanks Weatherman71,

Appreciate the response, but after hours of researching I decided to just do it right and buy the MSFRD1 harness...all is ordered and hopefully installed next week.
You could have used Maestro RR and the FO1 harness as well. In that case you would not have needed the SWI-RC as the MRR does the functions of the MS-FRD1 and the SWI-RC in one box. So likely might have been cheaper. In your case, with radio you are using, the website will just not allow you to retain sync, which seems like what you wanted anyway.

Best,

Quick Reply: Wiring HU without SYNC for SYNC truck