Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors

Old 03-09-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors

I'm currently in the process of looking for a harness that will fit the male connectors for the factory amp under the center console. This is for a 2013 FX4 Supercrew with the Sony "upgraded" audio system, Navigation/Sync. I'm looking for a harness kit that can be used to maintain the integrity of the factory wiring. Here are some pictures I took when I removed the console:

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-factory-amp-plugs.jpg

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-connectors-plugged-into-factory-amp.jpg

My understanding is that the middle plug/male connector (Gray connector) is for the speakers up front so this will definitely be used.

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-grey-white-connector-factory-amp.jpg

The other two, I am not sure about: (Can anyone provide clarity as to what the following connectors are utilized for?)

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-blue-connector-amp-wire-colors.jpg

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-red-gray.jpg

In the mean time, we have good weather down here in LA and that mean I'm going fishing!! Here's my last trip:

Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors-fishing.jpg

Appreciate the help!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one on the forums has opened up the center console to tap into the factory sony amplifier?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Lots of people have, myself included.
To my knowledge there isn't an off the shelf adapter for the Sony Stereo in the 09+ F150.
You might be able to cut the required harness off a wrecked truck and run your own wiring but that's about it.
I found a wiring diagram and did the whole "cut/splice/solder/heatshrink" thing.
The following users liked this post:
jr07 (03-12-2014)
Old 03-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i have a 2013 platinum with the sony as well. i already added subs using the high level inputs on my alpine sub amp. however when i went to pull out the console the linkage to the shifter stopped me. how did u get that loose to remove. love the pics FINALLY found one after i attemped on my own. and all the wiring diagrams i have found are wrong for my truck dont know if youve had that problem as well. and you say the middle harness is the speaker wires. any help would be appreciated. cant beleive no videos on console removal on here. at least not that i could find.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:08 PM

as far as harness adapter for the sony amp its a no go as far as i can find. and if you scavange one from another truck you would still have to run from the amp back to each speaker including the center and tweeter speakers. if you splice then you only need to cut the ones you would be amplifing. unless there on a different harness. i plan on running from the sony amp speaker out to my alpine high level inputs and back to the front tweets and mids and adding another amp later to cover the center and rear speakers. alpine m500 for the subs and m300 for the mids and highs. using jbl component up front no loc just using the amp to handle the freqency. as they already seem to be crossed from the sony amp or inline before each speaker.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:13 PM

but like i said , ive looked and looked for console removal and cant find how to get past the linkage. seems like a lot of plastic to break in there. so i put it back together and just hooked up the subs.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 PM

The linkage literally just pops off. Stick a slot screwdriver in there and give a slight twist. It goes back on with thumb pressure. One word of advise, set your parking brake first. Once the linkage is disconnected it doesn't take much of a bump to knock it out of park.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:41 PM

Thanks for that info. Had baseball practice with son today. Will take another look at it this weekend. Anyone no for sure which harness of the three is speaker out, and which wire colors go to the different speakers?
the 2ohm jbl component s are definitely louder but not quite able to keep up with new subs...
thanks again for linkage help.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:18 AM

Found this on another forum and it's what I used as a reference..

Factory amp is under center console, these are the outputs from the Sony amp.

Half hour with a multimeter and answered what I couldn't find.

Center:
+ green
- gray/yellow

Driver tweeter:
+ green/orange
- gray/orange negative

Driver mid:
+ white
- white/brown

Passenger tweeter:
+ purple/orange
- yellow/orange

Passenger mid:
+ white/purple
- white/orange

Driver rear door:
+ white/green
- brown/yellow

Passenger rear door:
+ brown/white
- brown/blue

DVC Subwoofer:
+ purple/green
- green/white
&
+ green/purple
- gray

On Speaker terminals, clip side is positive
Old 03-22-2015, 10:06 PM

well I somewhat completed my install. Still need to clean up behind seat wiring. I overcame the bass roll off by adjusting gain to peak at 3/4 volume. And I have a gain control under steering wheel For sub. Not totally tuned. But man it's clean and LOUD... My neighbor was impressed. Lol..
no loc, no signal processing, just high in on my alpine amps. No remote turn on needed. Uses speaker input to turn on. I feel like the kid on a Christmas story . All is right with the world...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring Harness for factory amp connectors