Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

which wire should i connect my remote wire to so my amp will power on and off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post which wire should i connect my remote wire to so my amp will power on and off?

I have a 2009 ford f150 crew and I need some help determining which wire to connect my remote wire from my amp so that my amp will power on and off. I would rather not add another fuse to my truck. Thanks, lyndon
Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by lklausch
I have a 2009 ford f150 crew and I need some help determining which wire to connect my remote wire from my amp so that my amp will power on and off. I would rather not add another fuse to my truck. Thanks, lyndon
Go to the fuse box and find one that only has power with the key on
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Two choices, either pull from an ignition+Acc Delay circuit (this will pop if you turn the radio on or off with the truck on).

or, use something like this: http://davidnavone.com/zencart/index...products_id=46
Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Two choices, either pull from an ignition+Acc Delay circuit (this will pop if you turn the radio on or off with the truck on).

or, use something like this: http://davidnavone.com/zencart/index...products_id=46
A resistor, in line, will remove the pop, Or so I'm at least told. I personally haven't installed it yet.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Guinness68
A resistor, in line, will remove the pop, Or so I'm at least told. I personally haven't installed it yet.
In line with what? The turn on?

The pop is because the amp is on when the head unit either stops or starts the signal instead of turning off at the same time.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
In line with what? The turn on?

The pop is because the amp is on when the head unit either stops or starts the signal instead of turning off at the same time.
I've been told the pop is because the remote is too hot. Advice came from a reputable installer in town. I can't confirm or deny. Like I said, I haven't installed it.

Quick Reply: which wire should i connect my remote wire to so my amp will power on and off?