Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Who here has modde there Sony Nav system??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Who here has modded there Sony Nav system??

I have a 2012 FX4 Red Candy SCAB, and it has the Sony navigation system. Kinda feel that ford dropped the ball......it needs more. From what I've researched so far, it sounds like the whole system needs an overhaul. I think I wanna do components in the front, coaxs in the rears, and a new single 10/enclosure, and maybe a nice 5 channel amplifier to drive all the new components. Looks like there is no PAC harness available, was wondering what I need to do to use the factory HU. Let me hear your ideas and experiences modding the factory system!

Last edited by BDFX4; 01-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Audiocontrol LCQ-1 seems to be the best bet for integrating with the new factory systems. A buddy of mine just did one in a new Focus and I was amazed how much this unit cleaned up the signal from the factory radio. With the factory amp being under the console, it should be a breeze to tie into all of the wiring.

Hopefully my new FX4 stays on schedule as planned in February and I'll hopefully be tearing into it by the middle of March.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/17612/71...-AccuBASS.html
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if we can tie in a lie out converter to any of the green wires that are going to the factory sub? Or would the best bet be....to use the rear door speakers? Also what would be a good location to tie in the remote wire?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Pongdadong
Does anyone know if we can tie in a lie out converter to any of the green wires that are going to the factory sub? Or would the best bet be....to use the rear door speakers? Also what would be a good location to tie in the remote wire?
I would do the line out by the sub and would think the remote wire would be there already to turn on the factory sub.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I would do the line out by the sub and would think the remote wire would be there already to turn on the factory sub.
Do you know if there are any threads? I have googled and found nothing on vehicles that have sony/nay/sync system using a line out. I guess this will be a project that I will have to work on with trial and error. When it warms up I will give this a shot. I think when I was looking at the colors of the wires there were two and both were green. I wish someone had schematics
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Smile

Do you know if there are any threads? I have googled and found nothing on vehicles that have sony/nay/sync system using a line out. I guess this will be a project that I will have to work on with trial and error. When it warms up I will give this a shot. I think when I was looking at the colors of the wires there were two and both were green. I wish someone had schematics
I know others have put in aftermarket subs so someone should be able to get you the info you need
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I spliced into the factory sub wires for my install and it works just fine. I used the LC2I and have not had any probems. The LC2I comes with a circuit that works as a remote wire by sensing voltage through the speaker wires so there is no need to run a remote wire. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by Tanner2; 01-30-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tanner2
I spliced into the factory sub wires for my install and it works just fine. I used the LC2I and have not had any probems. The LC2I comes with a circuit that works as a remote wire by sensing voltage through the speaker wires so there is no need to run a remote wire. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Do you have any pics of the install? What colors to use with the LC2i converter. The cheapest I could find was 92 dollars for the LC2i. I was running a PAC SOEM-4 line out converter on my 07 328xi. Haven't really done anything like this in a while but kinda bored with the sound of the factory sony sub
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have any pics of the install? What colors to use with the LC2i converter. The cheapest I could find was 92 dollars for the LC2i. I was running a PAC SOEM-4 line out converter on my 07 328xi. Haven't really done anything like this in a while but kinda bored with the sound of the factory sony sub
There is a thread here on the forum that has all of the different wire colors etc.. I will see if I can find it. As for the LC2I, check crutchfield they had the lowest price when I was shopping for it.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I found on the schematic for the plug going to the sub amp. I'm assumming pins 1/2 are power/ground however I'd test with a meter just to be sure.

PinCircuitGaugeCircuit FunctionQualifier1VME22 (VT-GN)20CTRL MOD. - AUDIO # SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER AUDIO +2RME22 (GN-WH)20CTRL MOD. - AUDIO # SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER AUDIO -3VME01 (GN-VT)20CTRL MOD. - AUDIO # SPEAKER SUBWOOFER LEFT REAR 14RME01 (GY)20CTRL MOD. - AUDIO # SPEAKER SUBWOOFER LEFT REAR 1

Quick Reply: Who here has modde there Sony Nav system??