Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

where to mount amp??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to mount amp??

I have just got all of my system in just this week. I am in the process of lifting the rear bench seat. I have a 2006 fx4 flareside extended cab with power rear window. I was told with having the power window in the back that mounting my amp would be very limited. Is there enough room behind the rear back seat to mount a 1600w amp? I alos have a capasitor that needs to be mounted as well. I have 2 12' rockford fosgate p3 subs under the seat. If this is not possible where else would i be able to mount this amp, I was told under the passenger side seat but it sticks out a good bit enough to where i wouldnt be able to have someone sit on that side of the bench seat. All info and pics would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is what i just love about having such a big truck and not being able to put stereo stuff in a general area. i have a screw but i dont have a power rear window so i am going behind the seat with both amps.. under the seat with ported sub box. what you may want to do is find out how much depth you have in the back wall before you obstruct the power window and go there. i am assuming since you have power rear window you have power seats so that knocks that out... besides a 1800 watt amp will be to big for that area anyway... id get with a local stereo shop and see what they say... not best buy or circut city but a real stereo shop.. good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM

Default amp

well i have a electric driver seat but the passenger side seat is not electric. And as far as a electronic shop in my area I contacted one and they told me that do not do seat lifting and such, and wouldnt tell me whether or not there was enough room behind the seat to install the amp. They were completly worthless if you ask me. I will be installing the seat lift myself and then taking all the other stuff to a shop for installation. They also told me that they would not install the seat lift kit b/c they just didnt do stuff like that there. again this is a performance audio shop we are talking about here. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Bart4; 03-07-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if its small enough under the front seats will work, behind the rear seats, under the rear seats..under your center console if you have it

when mounting amps just make sure its not gonna have things really close to it so it has room to breath, make sure that its not a place that gets alota vibrations and you will be good to go
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Default amp

thanks once my lift kit for my seat comes in im going to try and take out the rear seat and install the amp behind the seat. But i also have a 300w amp that i was going to try and mount under the passenger seat. The 1600w amp really sticks out to far under the passenger seat so thats why i was looking for more options for a cleaner look.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 PM

depending on the size of your box you can mount them on the box if you downfire your subs mount to the front of the box.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea but if you put it on you box make sure you get rubber gromets to put under each foot so its not attatched right onto the vibrations
Old 03-26-2009, 09:27 AM

i have a 05 crewcab and i was able to mount my 1600 wt amp and my cap all on the passenger side behind the seat ,only problem is its so tight of a fit my amp dont have much room to breathe . i have 2 kicker comp 12's in a down fire box and i didnt have to raise my seat , dose anyone know of a way to get air to my amp without haven to leave my seat off ?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by loganberry
yea but if you put it on you box make sure you get rubber gromets to put under each foot so its not attatched right onto the vibrations
Great point! Might do that even though I'm not mounting it to the sub box. No sense in beating up an expensive piece of equipment.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just put mine under my passenger seat. Had to take the seat out to do it though, there is a small vent under the seat that I cut a good 6" off of so that it would fit.

Quick Reply: where to mount amp??