Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

where did I go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default where did I go wrong?

What's up fellow members. I have a 2010 fx2 and about a week ago or so I decided to upgrade my sony door speakers! Before doing this I already had installed a dnx890hd and two 10" W3 JL audio subs in a fox acoustics box. So I decided to go with the c2-650 JL components in the front and 5X7 JL coaxial that I had already. Amp wise I was suggested the JL xd400/4. Once installed I was extremely disappointed. Sounded like crap. I took it back the local audio shop and told them to re tune it and still sounds like crap. We tried swapping the amp and tried a ct sounds 60/4 and still crappy. They then suggested swapping out head units? I spent $800 for crappy sound. What is your guy's input? I really have no chemistry in audio input. The shop is also not the best but for 800 I expected so much more. I'd say stock sounded cleaner than what I have now..
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighFX2
What's up fellow members. I have a 2010 fx2 and about a week ago or so I decided to upgrade my sony door speakers! Before doing this I already had installed a dnx890hd and two 10" W3 JL audio subs in a fox acoustics box. So I decided to go with the c2-650 JL components in the front and 5X7 JL coaxial that I had already. Amp wise I was suggested the JL xd400/4. Once installed I was extremely disappointed. Sounded like crap. I took it back the local audio shop and told them to re tune it and still sounds like crap. We tried swapping the amp and tried a ct sounds 60/4 and still crappy. They then suggested swapping out head units? I spent $800 for crappy sound. What is your guy's input? I really have no chemistry in audio input. The shop is also not the best but for 800 I expected so much more. I'd say stock sounded cleaner than what I have now..
Make sure the crossovers are set up correctly on the amp and HU
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It sounds like you don't really know they much about setting it up I'm assuming? Take a pic of the amp settings if you could., could help determine if there's a problem with crossovers. How loud so you turn up the head unit? Any clue what eq setting are on the radio? Fade and balance flat as well?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I will snap some pics later tonight of how the eq is set up on the head unit and the settings on the amp as well. This was all tuned and done by the shop. I have to turn it up to at least like 22 on volume for it to get somewhat loud. Unit maxes out at like 35 volume. Once I turn it up to 28 and higher it gets distorted and speakers pop sounds ****ty
Old 10-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did it turn out?

Quick Reply: where did I go wrong?