Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

What is positive and negative on a 2011 door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is positive and negative on a 2011 door speakers

Need help don't know which is which
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Never saw the speaker connections cause I had my kickers installed for me. But looking at this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Mobil...071058&tp=1025

The white is positive and black is negative. If you're cutting the adapter off and wiring directly to your speakers maybe you can tell how this adapter would plug into the factory plug and figure it out from there? Hope this helps.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Engineer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

One way you can always tell which is pos & neg on a speaker is get one 1.5v battery (AAA, AA, C, D, etc...) and two wires with the ends exposed. Using electrical tape, duct tape, etc (something sticky) tape the end of one wire to the pos end and an end of the OTHER wire to the neg end of the battery. So now you've got a battery with two leads. Touch one lead to a speaker terminal and the other lead briefly to the other terminal. If the speaker pushes out then the polarity is correct. If it pulls in then swap the leads and it should push out which would again be the correct polarity. With all that said, which ever truck wire is connected to the terminal that you touched with the positive lead from the battery is the positive wire and the other is the negative wire.

Video example below...

Quick Reply: What is positive and negative on a 2011 door speakers