Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

What are my subwoofer options 2015 Supercab non-Sony

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What are my subwoofer options 2015 Supercab non-Sony

Hello I've been lurking for a couple weeks and just registered so I could ask because I don't see a lot of info for 2015+ Supercabs. I notice there's less room under the seat compared to the 2013 I traded in and now I have a power inverter so I have even less.

I guess my question is what are my behind the back seat options other than a custom box or the Kicker powerstage which is ridiculously overpriced? Has anyone measured behind the seat? Would something like this fit? http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611PS...ation&skipvs=T

Thank-you so much for your help!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know the exact size differences between '13s and '16s but if your truck is like mine there isn't much if any room behind the rear seats. I'm looking at something like this currently.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KSCS...11.html?tp=114

It won't set any records but should fill out the sound significantly better than the factory's hardware. Also it's about $100 cheaper on Amazon. Other than these kinds of super compact subs I don't know how you'd add a decent sized sub without sacrificing huge amounts of space.

If you want to know if it will fit why not measure your truck vs the specs on the speaker you linked?

Last edited by Tallguy5.0; 04-11-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same situation y'all are. I bought an all in one system like the Kenwood made by Planet Audio for my previous truck that I just traded in om my new 2016 FX4. The sound was ok, but I would've enjoyed something a tad bit better. I bought the 8 inch all in one and you can put it anywhere. It has a decent sound but I want something a little nicer for my new truck. The new Kicker system claims to be awesome but it's 1200!!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

How is the space behind the back seat? Do you guys know if it's the same as the supercrew?

Check out the behind-the-seat box on my supercrew platinum I posted about in this forum.
Attached Thumbnails What are my subwoofer options 2015 Supercab non-Sony-jlbox.jpg  

Last edited by CougarCruiser; 04-11-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:07 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Why can't I click on those links? It always brings me back to this same page.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by CougarCruiser
How is the space behind the back seat? Do you guys know if it's the same as the supercrew?

Check out the behind-the-seat box on my supercrew platinum I posted about in this forum.
Any chance of providing dimensions? Is it absolutely necessary to remove the carpet behind the seat or can it just be squished down?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kommander
Why can't I click on those links? It always brings me back to this same page.
Try this

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/16-pla...-start-339772/
Old 04-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cygnus A
Any chance of providing dimensions? Is it absolutely necessary to remove the carpet behind the seat or can it just be squished down?
You'll want to cut out the backing that is behind the box. Use some sound deadener. You need all the depth you can get, and cutting out is the easiest way to do this.

I don't have exact dimensions. The back is actually a molded steel. The front is angular and requires fiberglass.

It's not really a DIY
Old 04-12-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

That one worked. Its like anything that goes outside of this site just brings me back. It's Hotel California incarnate. I checked in but I can't leave. lol

Last edited by Kommander; 04-12-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:12 PM

You'll want to cut out the backing that is behind the box. Use some sound deadener. You need all the depth you can get, and cutting out is the easiest way to do this.

I don't have exact dimensions. The back is actually a molded steel. The front is angular and requires fiberglass.

It's not really a DIY
I am leasing, so cutting is not an option. I guess full removal and storing it is an option, but would rather not. I guess I will try for something under the seats although I wanted to keep that storage space.

Quick Reply: What are my subwoofer options 2015 Supercab non-Sony