Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

What To Do With These Audio Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What To Do With These Audio Settings?

I don't really know how to set up my audio with my Kenwood DNX6190HD. I've got Infinity Kappa 6x8 Components in the front doors of my F150 and Infinity Kappa 2-ways in the rear doors. I like to have the highest treble possible with little bass. I'm not too sure what the mid range is. Is it the actual voices of the track? I guess where it's confusing is which is louder....the higher the hz the louder, or the lower (-x) the loudest?

I've also got this option, and I've got the front/rear speakers set up with the "oval" speaker option with "Tweeter" set to ON.

The, I have the option to hit the "XOVER" button, and brings up this screen.

Basically, I want my speakers to scream and not sound distorted, but I have no idea what settings to use to accomplish that. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd really like an explanation of what the "XOVER" settings are and how to use them.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your in polk co too.. awesome.

I am getting my system put together shortly.. cant find enough product reviews..

Memphis shallow mount flat 10s?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bearohs
your in polk co too.. awesome.

I am getting my system put together shortly.. cant find enough product reviews..

Memphis shallow mount flat 10s?
Born, raised, and currently reside in Polk. You live here? I'm 27 so I'v been here for a while. If you're asking me what I think about subs, I'm going with the FoxBox dual 10" subwoofer enclosure with 2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4. It's the best set up for our trucks. Look into it.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am born n raised, south Lakeland, 31 YO.

You buying local or you getting stuff online? I was going to have the local shop on the s. side do mine...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by bearohs
I am born n raised, south Lakeland, 31 YO.

You buying local or you getting stuff online? I was going to have the local shop on the s. side do mine...
Man, I wouldn't take my truck to any shop. Wherever you go, they are going to charge you more money no matter what. The best thing to do is to get them off of Amazon. Ebay has real good prices on stuff, but I don't trust Ebay. I've ordered a TON OF STUFF off of Amazon and they have all been outstanding.

No matter what you order, you can more than likely figure out how to install it yourself with a little research on this forum. This forum is by far the best resource for modding out your truck.

I am by no means a car guy, or tricked out trucker, or whatever you want to call it. But I've found this forum, and I've already done these mods in the past year.....

2.5" Daystar Leveling Kit
35x12.5x18 BFG Mud Terrain KM2
Plasti-Dipped Stock RIms
Plasti-Dipped Fender Flares
Harley Headlight Mod (Black Headlight Housings)
Nightshaded Tail Lights
Nightshaded 3rd Brake Light
Kenwood DNX6190HD
Infinity Kappa 6x8 Components
Infinity Kappa 6x8 2-ways
Backup Camera
Weather Tech Floor Mats
Stubby Antenna
Interior LEDs
Exterior LEDs
Dupli-Color Red Caliper Paint

I have done all of these since March 2012, all a direct result from being on this forum. I've got an order on Amazon right now for a Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler and 2 tail pipes for dual exhaust. The next thing I'm doing is the GOTTS Mod and getting an amp for my door speakers from Amazon.

Last edited by FL0rida CrAcK3r; 12-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: What To Do With These Audio Settings?