Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

We want the factory sub! Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default We want the factory sub! Questions!

Hey guys, I've searched the threads and don't see this answered.
We have a 2010 F150 Supercrew and unfortunately did not upgrade the stereo when we ordered. We wish we had. Changing out the factory speakers and adding tweeters makes a big difference but I'd like to add that little sub that was an option just for a little bit more oomph. Is that possible with the single cd/Sirius unit it came with? Does it require an external amp? Is it plug and play? Does anyone have one they've yanked out that they would like to sell me or get rid of? We're not looking for fantastic sound, just better. We have another vehicle to play the tunes if we really need to crank it.
Thanks for your time!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Menormyfords
We have a 2010 F150 Supercrew and unfortunately did not upgrade the stereo when we ordered. We wish we had. Changing out the factory speakers and adding tweeters makes a big difference but I'd like to add that little sub that was an option just for a little bit more oomph. Is that possible with the single cd/Sirius unit it came with? Does it require an external amp? Is it plug and play? Does anyone have one they've yanked out that they would like to sell me or get rid of? We're not looking for fantastic sound, just better. We have another vehicle to play the tunes if we really need to crank it.
Thanks for your time!
The factory wiring may or may not be there. You could start out by looking under the carpet where the sub would be mounted to see if wires are there. If not you could do it very easily with the Sound Ordinance sub.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

You could look into powered subs. They are simple to install, affordable and will just give you a little extra kick.

Edit - with the PAC unit it's all plug and play + no external amp since its built into the sub.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! We do not have the harness under the carpet so I will check the wreckers. Does anyone know what it connects to? The head unit in the dash, or..?
We thought about aftermarket subs but don't want to lose the storage behind and under the seats. We can do with losing just that spot for the little factory sub.
Thanks again!
RYAN
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the info! We do not have the harness under the carpet so I will check the wreckers. Does anyone know what it connects to? The head unit in the dash, or..?
We thought about aftermarket subs but don't want to lose the storage behind and under the seats. We can do with losing just that spot for the little factory sub.
Thanks again!
RYAN
The head unit but you probably don't have it unless you had audiophile sound in your truck. An aftermarket sub like the Sound Ordinance will fit under the front seat or back seat or behind the seat.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your time!
I'm stripping mine out are you interested in buying it?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly Heuring- Lewis
I'm stripping mine out are you interested in buying it?
You should use PM to try and sell it.
The following users liked this post:
Kelly Heuring- Lewis (02-28-2013)

Quick Reply: We want the factory sub! Questions!