Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Want to install a stereo SA TX

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to install a stereo SA TX

Hey guys I'm looking to putting in two 8's and an amp under my back seat. Anyone know where I could go to get the stuff needed or someone who can help me install?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by dinka07
Hey guys I'm looking to putting in two 8's and an amp under my back seat. Anyone know where I could go to get the stuff needed or someone who can help me install?
Should be plenty of places in SA. Ask your local buddys for a reference.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Custom Sounds will do a great job for you and they are running specials right now so give them a call. There is a couple of them, but everyone recommended the shop off of San Pedro if you are looking for custom work and I have had them to do work for me. They are professional and ensure that you get what you asked for. They have even done repairs for me correcting other installers mistakes or 1/2 a** attempts at doing it right. I priced a custom box with them and they were a little higher, but for quality of work I would go with them and everything would be covered by them. Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That helps quite a bit, I'll check them out for sure thank you
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will second the recommendation for Custom Sounds. Best place in town by far.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Custom Sounds is good. I'm actually in the middle of putting together a system myself. I'm intending to do the install on my own though. Only thing I'm going to them for is a custom sub box for under my rear seat. I will say, the only thing I've noticed with them, is they are a bit inclined to push the JL products. And this could be rightfully so, just seemed like that was their M.O. I was impressed though, that they didn't just suggest the biggest and best. They do listen to what you'd like and make appropriate recommendations. I've been to 3 of the 4 shops in town and am visiting the last one tomorrow. The San Pedro shop is the main one it seems and they do good work. From a salesperson standpoint, I like the one on Walzem and the one on Bandera. The Bandera location the guy was actually the most candid and seemed eager to help me even though I was intending to do the work myself aside from the box. Also didn't dismiss the products I was using (Polk) which they don't sell. But having visited just about every audio shop in town it seems, I'm most comfortable at Custom Sounds.

Quick Reply: Want to install a stereo SA TX