Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

want to build a ported box..help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default want to build a ported box..help please

ok so a while back bigshane i believe told me to put 8s into my truck with a ported box...so now its time to design the box!

i have a Ford F150 1993 single cab and would like to put them in the back of the seat (bench).

i think i have the dimensions but dont know exactly how to come about it..if anyone could help me out i will appreciate it!

im thinking of making 2 boxes or maybe 1 big one..not sure

one big one would be 48" width 12" height and 9" depth with 3/4 mdf

and im going with 2 sundown sa-8

anyone help me here?? thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got lucky, had a old set of box speakers that had 8" speakers, ported. bought at walmart. my 8" jl audios went in and sound great, checked the specs and there were right on. you can find ported boxes for your subs online for almost as cheap as you can build them, think there about $20.00 each. so $40.00 and youve got a set with wire connections and carpeted. i think it would cost $20.00 + for the mdf and then the connectors and carpet, plus glue, it not worth doing it yourself, unless you like doing that. theres a formula you can find that give you the exact specs for the box, size and port length.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31
Old 10-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The reason for doing it yourself is because you built it, you gain experience, and the prefabs sound like butt. No offense but true.
If you hear one of my boxes compared to a prefab there's no arguement what sounds better.
Besides an aeroported box is tunable. Cut some port=higher tuning.
Add some port pick up those lows. Plus it takes less room for an aeroport and you don't have to fiddle with a slot design just cut a circle in the box and screw it in.

Quick Reply: want to build a ported box..help please