Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Upgrading Sound system for the 77' F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrading Sound system for the 77' F150

Hello,

just wondering if anyone has installed a new CD reciever in their old F150. i am having a hell of a time figuring out what goes where. i just took out the original AM FM radio. they didnt have harnesses back then. any inquiry would help. thanks guys

Best wishes,
Highway.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hwy101_Ranger
Hello,

just wondering if anyone has installed a new CD reciever in their old F150. i am having a hell of a time figuring out what goes where. i just took out the original AM FM radio. they didnt have harnesses back then. any inquiry would help. thanks guys

Best wishes,
Highway.
Cut one to fit where the original is or keep it there and use a Metra under dash kit. Just run new wires to the dash speakers, and door if you are cutting new speakers there. Ign/acc, ground, and constant is all thats left, gl.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MKC70
Cut one to fit where the original is or keep it there and use a Metra under dash kit. Just run new wires to the dash speakers, and door if you are cutting new speakers there. Ign/acc, ground, and constant is all thats left, gl.
MKC70, Thats what i ended up doing this afternoon. it was alot easier then i thought it would be. just hooked it up with a Kennwood reciever. it sounds bad ***. new pioneer 6.5 " speakers. i couldnt believe it honostly. from old and decreped to slick an up to date. thanks for the info btw.

Quick Reply: Upgrading Sound system for the 77' F150