Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Upgrading from Kicker Soundstage

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading from Kicker Soundstage

Well, my son turns 16 in Oct and he will be driving our 2013 XLT 4X4 Ecoboost SuperCrew. Of course I wanted him to have decent sound so I got the Kicker Soundstage with the door speakers, mids/highs amp, subwoofer and amp etc. Unfortunately, I just can't leave well enough alone so I first upgraded the pillar tweeters with JL Audio C5 tweeters. Then I removed the Kicker speakers and sold them to a buddy and replaced with JL Audio C2 6"x8"'s. Now I am going to try and sell the rest of the Kicker Soundstage stuff and will be installing an Alpine 500w Sub amp, a JL Audio TW1 12" sub, I have an old Memphis Audio 50w x 4ch amp and an Audio Control LC7i.

I really don't want to cut factory wiring so I thought about buying a male and a female plug to simply pull out signals I need then rewire the amp into the factory wiring to the door speakers. Is there by some chance a product out there already with both the male and female adapters? Thanks for the help.

P.S. If anyone wants to buy the Kicker Soundstage less the Kicker door speakers just message me!!! Used less than 1 year.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I assume you have the factory sony amp if you're concerned about cutting factory wires? I used to have the same thought process but it really isn't a big deal.

Here is my build thread for a 2013 with sony:
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2013-f...nstall-292776/

PS: you'll probably be really surprised just how much of an upgrade it will be over the kicker system by using a better amp and your own speakers.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by WarEagle Ford
I really don't want to cut factory wiring so I thought about buying a male and a female plug to simply pull out signals I need then rewire the amp into the factory wiring to the door speakers. Is there by some chance a product out there already with both the male and female adapters? Thanks for the help.
Check out this thread: 2013 amp install - No cutting of factory harness

Quick Reply: Upgrading from Kicker Soundstage