Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Upgrading 2010 Sony System

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading 2010 Sony System

I have done a lot of searching and either don't understand what I am reading or I just cannot find what I am looking for-or it cannot be done. I have a 2010 Lariat Screw w/premium sound and I want to clean it up. It sounds ok-ish, but I want to make it better. I had a non-Sony for a short time and added the Alpine 455u and Kicker Hideaway and it really sounded good. I left the 455u in the truck since I hard wired it but took the Hideaway. My current truck does have the factory sub. There are 3 things I am flirting with..Can I add a 455u to this one? I don't know since it is already amped. Can I or even should I hook up the Kicker or just sell it? Finally, if I only added a Digital Sound Processor (and new speakers), would it be worth the $600? It would be cool if I could just swap out the Sony amp but from what I have seen, I don't think that is doable.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

[QUOTE=Michael Trace;4708926]I have done a lot of searching and either don't understand what I am reading or I just cannot find what I am looking for-or it cannot be done. I have a 2010 Lariat Screw w/premium sound and I want to clean it up. It sounds ok-ish, but I want to make it better. I had a non-Sony for a short time and added the Alpine 455u and Kicker Hideaway and it really sounded good. I left the 455u in the truck since I hard wired it but took the Hideaway. My current truck does have the factory sub. There are 3 things I am flirting with..Can I add a 455u to this one? I don't know since it is already amped. Can I or even should I hook up the Kicker or just sell it? Finally, if I only added a Digital Sound Processor (and new speakers), would it be worth the $600? It would be cool if I could just swap out the Sony amp but from what I have seen, I don't think that is doable.[/QUOTE

You need to tap off the speaker outputs of the Sony amp. Run them to the sound processor. Then add an amp. Then back to the speakers. The Sony amp has crossovers built in so the processor would clean that up. I don't think a 445 would give you much extra power than the factory Sony amp

Quick Reply: Upgrading 2010 Sony System