Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

upgrade 2011 stereo system with aftermarket......

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default upgrade 2011 stereo system with aftermarket......

Presently I have a 6 CD changer stereo in my 2011 Lariat.... Also have the back up camera screen in the rear view mirror.
Now I'm wondering is there anyway to take out the 6 CD changer and replace the stereo AND put in a 4.2 screen to use for the back up camera? Like the ones in F150 without the CD changer they came out with.
Or is this not a wise mod to do? Or even possible?
Any kind of aftermarket stereo like Alpine or along those lines is the stereo I wanted to upgrade to.... then speakers to follow!
Any info would be appreciated!
Old 02-05-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by kskev
Presently I have a 6 CD changer stereo in my 2011 Lariat.... Also have the back up camera screen in the rear view mirror.
Now I'm wondering is there anyway to take out the 6 CD changer and replace the stereo AND put in a 4.2 screen to use for the back up camera? Like the ones in F150 without the CD changer they came out with.
Or is this not a wise mod to do? Or even possible?
Any kind of aftermarket stereo like Alpine or along those lines is the stereo I wanted to upgrade to.... then speakers to follow!
Any info would be appreciated!
I would go with an aftermarket unit before the hassle of the 4.2 screen. Name brand. Pioneer is good. Easy install if you don't have a Sony HU.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 398 Likes on 336 Posts

I bought a Kenwood DNX890 from Crutchfield. I also bought the Maestro kit. I really like the Scosche bezel.
I can view my tire pressures on the fly and the Garmin works well. I have aftermarket speakers and a subwoofer and two amps. The amps are NVX MVP. They are very small and both fit inside the center behind the bezel so all the wiring is short. The woofer is a JL 10" compact in a box I built. Only 0.55 cuft. It sounds great. I wired the rear camera to the unit so I get an image in it and on the mirror.

The following users liked this post:
kskev (02-06-2017)