The ultimate thread for the pac aoem-frd24/ post all info here for all to enjoy - Page 25 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



The ultimate thread for the pac aoem-frd24/ post all info here for all to enjoy

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #241
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Koolponycar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,120
Thanked 120 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Pulled HU,Amp and Pac yesterday. Checked all connections,fuses, routing and taped and insulated them. Reconnected faceplate and still have very tiny low clicking sound on Fm radio side. Put everything back in because after volume level 2 you can't hear it anyway. Next time I pull the HU it will be to install a new aftermarket one.
Koolponycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #242
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A little help

I installed the PAC and hooked up my amp and sub. When I turn it up it distorts. All my settings are good on amp. Are the little holes marked FL FR RR RL. Used to for level control? And if so how do you adjust them?
dimewylde123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #243
Senior Member
 
bigred90gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 131 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimewylde123 View Post
I installed the PAC and hooked up my amp and sub. When I turn it up it distorts. All my settings are good on amp. Are the little holes marked FL FR RR RL. Used to for level control? And if so how do you adjust them?
Yes, they are. You need a really small flat head screw driver. If you look down in them with a light, they have little arrows on them that you need to get into with the screw driver.
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigred90gt For This Useful Post:
dimewylde123 (07-19-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #244
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred90gt View Post
Yes, they are. You need a really small flat head screw driver. If you look down in them with a light, they have little arrows on them that you need to get into with the screw driver.

So I take it all the way left is low and all the way right is high when adjusting power.
dimewylde123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #245
Senior Member
 
bigred90gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 131 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimewylde123 View Post
So I take it all the way left is low and all the way right is high when adjusting power.
I honestly don't remember, I only adjusted them once right after I bought it, and it's not even in the truck anymore.
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #246
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,016
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimewylde123 View Post
So I take it all the way left is low and all the way right is high when adjusting power.
Adjust the PAC about 1/4 up and then adjust your amp
Wyo11Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #247
Cruisin in my 5.0
 
Chilichad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bad River, South Dakota
Posts: 16
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Pac-aoem-frd24

Hello fellas, been a long time. A couple years ago I installed a PAC and added a sub and amp. At the time I also replaced all 4 door speakers with Polks running off head unit. Thing has always worked great. Now I would like to add a small 4 channel amp to boost my Polks. Can this be done without compromising my sync system? Appreciate some feedback.
Thanks
Chilichad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #248
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,016
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilichad View Post
Hello fellas, been a long time. A couple years ago I installed a PAC and added a sub and amp. At the time I also replaced all 4 door speakers with Polks running off head unit. Thing has always worked great. Now I would like to add a small 4 channel amp to boost my Polks. Can this be done without compromising my sync system? Appreciate some feedback.
Thanks
Yes you can use the PAC and run new wires from your new amp to the speakers
Wyo11Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyo11Scab For This Useful Post:
Chilichad (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #249
Cruisin in my 5.0
 
Chilichad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bad River, South Dakota
Posts: 16
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Appreciate the quick reply. Can I use existing wires to door speakers or do I need to run new wires?? Again thanks for the feedback...
Chilichad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #250
Senior Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Casper, WY.
Posts: 3,016
Thanked 275 Times in 256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilichad View Post
Appreciate the quick reply. Can I use existing wires to door speakers or do I need to run new wires?? Again thanks for the feedback...
You can use new wires to the doors or run new wires back to the factory wiring harness. You would need to cut the harness however so the amp doesn't feedback into the HU
Wyo11Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car crash compilations Crasher8 Off-Topic 27 11-10-2015 07:32 PM
I need info on this truck........ STERLING TREMOR General F150 Discussion 2 09-07-2015 04:10 PM
I am Brand New In Every Aspect - Where Did You Start BDWhite Introductions 0 09-07-2015 03:35 AM
2006 Lariat First Post TXFE82 Introductions 3 09-04-2015 04:38 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com