Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tweeters

one quick question i have the kicker component speakers in the door and they installed it where the tweeters screw into the middle of the speakers would the sound, sound any better if i re route the tweeters and put them in the A pillars?

thanks in advance
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HELL YEA!!

where did you have it installed? and what kicker components do you have? i have a few sets of kicker ks series and they can sound great

the ability of putting them in the a pillars will allow you to aim them right at you giving you better staging, sound quality and the ability to be louder on the power your giving them

are you going to fiberglass them in? or do a flush mount
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 AM

lol well i was goin to use the brackets that came with the speakers yes there a ks series but i don't rememeber which ones but heres the deal i was moving in the process of installing them and somehow the box got thrown away with the mounting brackets so i'm gonna have to get in touch with kicker or someone to try to find some?

i have the series where you can screw the tweeter onto a threaded peice of plastic in the middle of the door speaker i just think it will be alot louder if i put them in the A pillar

thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Car Audio Junkie

yup sounds just like how my ks series was

you can do flush mount and it will still sound better or do some fiberglassing and make it sound aweseom! if you need fiberglassing help just lmk
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM

ya but if i fiberglass them into the a pillar won't have to paint thefiberglass and the a pillar again i really don't even know where to start on fiberglass?

any suggestions lol
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Car Audio Junkie

on fiberglass you can cover the fiberglass piece in whatever you want...i would paint it the stock color to make it match tho, a simple rattle can would take care of that

to start you can go to your local home depot and get a gallon of resin+ hardner, a quart of bondo and a package of mat, about 6 of the cheapest lil plastic containers and about 6 of the cheap foam brushes

then you take your tweeter and trace out a "ring" on a piece of woof..nothing too big something 1/2-3/4 inch is perfect the ring is something that will hold the subwoofer so its basically just a circle with a hole in the middle for the tweeter to sit in, then get some dowels to raise it up a little bit, cut them at different lengths to get you the length you want...after that is done get some fleece it does not matter where you get it from how thick what it looks like that dosnt matter, you wrap it around the part of the a pillar you have the ring on you dont have to do the hole thing at all you can do just the part you have...glue it or staple it onto the back then you mix some resin and put it strait on the fleece do it fairly thick but becareful you dont mix your resin too hot or youll get jelly after its dry cut up some of the mat and put it all over the surface of the fleece which will now be hard then follow it with more resin, repeat that 3-4 times with the mat sanding in between, after your done with your final piece now you start your bondo which will fill in your imprefections and give you a smooth smooth finish, so you add it all over then sand it till your happy then wash and paint

the exess fleece you have on the back make sure you resin too so it keeps it attached to the a pillar, i would even do 1 layer of mat back there but its not neccesary, hopefully this helps you
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM

the only thing i'm worried about is the area around the tweeter will be smooth and the rest of the a pillar will be textured? do they make paint in rattle can that will match the grey interior of my truck tho? also after i attach the fabric to the ring i know i can staple that down do i just rap the fabric to the back side of the a pillar and and glue it or what?

thanks in advance for your help

FordXLTWhite
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Car Audio Junkie

yes i see what your saying, the only option would be putting bondo on the hole thing so you have a smooth service, or you can get this stuff its basically bedliner in a can but comes out thin...it wont be the same texture but once its dry its lightly bumpy and you can paint it the factory color...not too many options as the texture is pressed into the plastic
Old 02-11-2009, 10:53 PM

lol well it all boils down to is that my stupid self shouldn't have lost the freakin mounts that came with the speakers
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Car Audio Junkie

i threw mine away for my ks components, im not using them but i still dont have the mounts lol...i say just fiberglass it, people will be so impressed with the way it turned out they wont get all picky about the texture difference

Quick Reply: Tweeters