Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Tweeter Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tweeter Advice

I have a 2013 SuperCrew XLT and the tweeter has been replaced once due to a static sound in high frequencies. That lasted a not too long so I am just going to put a aftermarket in to solve the issue which is the stock speakers in general appear to be lower end. The advice I need is does anyone know of some brands/models that fit well in the hole without a lot of sanding etc. I want to use the stock screen and just make a strap bracket to hold it in place but I can't find too many examples of easy installs other than the C5 by JL which are a bit pricey. I have read all the post and understand about the need for an amp etc but I just want to listen to music without cracking in higher notes. I do not need volume just clarity at low and medium volume. I am going to replace all the door speakers with Polk DB571's and that part was easy but as mentioned it is not easy to find many posts about the tweeters. It is not a Sony system if that matters. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Default Tweeter for 2013

Originally Posted by josephsimpson
I have a 2013 SuperCrew XLT and the tweeter has been replaced once due to a static sound in high frequencies. That lasted a not too long so I am just going to put a aftermarket in to solve the issue which is the stock speakers in general appear to be lower end. The advice I need is does anyone know of some brands/models that fit well in the hole without a lot of sanding etc. I want to use the stock screen and just make a strap bracket to hold it in place but I can't find too many examples of easy installs other than the C5 by JL which are a bit pricey. I have read all the post and understand about the need for an amp etc but I just want to listen to music without cracking in higher notes. I do not need volume just clarity at low and medium volume. I am going to replace all the door speakers with Polk DB571's and that part was easy but as mentioned it is not easy to find many posts about the tweeters. It is not a Sony system if that matters. Thanks in advance.
I found one person on the forum that confirmed the REF-075TX 3/4 Inch Textile Dome Tweeters will fit with nothing more than a bracket. Hope this helps others and I will confirm when I have installed it.

Last edited by josephsimpson; 08-13-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: fix issue with link
Old 08-14-2014, 05:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I measured the cut out hole on my apillar tweeter and it appears that the Kicker KST20 tweeter would fit with a little bit of sanding or no modification at all. I was planning on buying a set in the next few weeks. They aren't cheap...so I would not be opposed to you trying them out first! good luck, please report back what you end up doing.

Here's a link

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20641KS...20.html?tp=107
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

I'm currently running Infinity Ref 6832CF door speakers. They were a great upgrade to my Sony 700watt system.

I originally wanted MB Quarts but was told that the quality I them went down some years back when they sold, which is why I went with the Infinities.

Ended up finding a great deal on a set of MB Quart 6x9 Marine speakers for my boat so I bought them. They sound AWESOME!

So I been thinking about swapping my Infinities with the MB Quarts. The issue with that is id also like to swap the tweeters out to the same brand as the door speakers and MB Quart doesn't sell just tweeters, they only sell 6.5" components with tweeters and I'd rather not buy the unneeded 6.5" and crossover.

Wayne
Old 08-15-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had asked a person here on the forums if the tweeters from his components fit in clean or if he had to make a mod to the pillar. Turned out the tweeters went right in:

If you could find out what model of tweeter it is, then you could possibly order them alone and install with no mods.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/spring...4/#post3394347
Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 PM

Default Tweeters installed

Originally Posted by Daimyo68
I had asked a person here on the forums if the tweeters from his components fit in clean or if he had to make a mod to the pillar. Turned out the tweeters went right in:

If you could find out what model of tweeter it is, then you could possibly order them alone and install with no mods.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/spring...4/#post3394347

I got the Infinity X Ref .075 installed today. I was able to use the existing screen but man what a pain. I had to make a bracket and use some foam but it worked and man what an improvement. Ford should be shot for putting the garbage they used. tomorrow I do the four doors with Polk DB571 speakers. In hind sight I could have just replaced the tweeters but I ordered all if it at once on amazon. Really a big improvement. Took about an hour to just figure out a way to install them since they are dome tweeters and I wanted to keep the factory look. I will update on the rest after I am done.

Quick Reply: Tweeter Advice