Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Too many choices/help me/I'm an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Too many choices/help me/I'm an idiot

I am overwhelmed by all the info that can be found on this forum and all over the Internet, yet can't find a simple post anywhere of something to follow. I have a 13 f150 non Sony with 4.2 screen. I have new door speakers on order. I plan to order a sundown sd3 10 inch sub. I'll probably go with a super crew sound box.

Here is where I'm lost; what do I need for a line output converter? Also what is a decent amount to run this one sub and one pair of 6x8 speakers under $300 if possible?

I'd like to hear a quick break down of how to wire this up so I can attempt to do this myself if possible. I am handy and can handle projects but this seems intimidating.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

I can't help you with the wiring but this was recommended to me a while back. I'll see if I can find the thread and see if it had any more details...

Amazon.com : AudioControl LC2I 2-Channel Line Out Converter and Subwoofer Control : Power Converters : Electronics Amazon.com : AudioControl LC2I 2-Channel Line Out Converter and Subwoofer Control : Power Converters : Electronics
Old 03-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Starting on post #31, kevreh mentions wiring and what order it should be.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/good-a...-w-mft-324293/

Hope this helps you.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mc01ta
I am overwhelmed by all the info that can be found on this forum and all over the Internet, yet can't find a simple post anywhere of something to follow. I have a 13 f150 non Sony with 4.2 screen. I have new door speakers on order. I plan to order a sundown sd3 10 inch sub. I'll probably go with a super crew sound box.

Here is where I'm lost; what do I need for a line output converter? Also what is a decent amount to run this one sub and one pair of 6x8 speakers under $300 if possible?

I'd like to hear a quick break down of how to wire this up so I can attempt to do this myself if possible. I am handy and can handle projects but this seems intimidating.

Any help is appreciated!
You will need a LOC to tap into your rear speaker wires for the sub. Nothing fancy. You will also need an amp wiring kit and a sub amp. I use a JL 300 Watt sub amp. There are many choices to upgrade door speakers. Infinity and Polk are used a lot. I would also get speaker wire adapters for the door speakers.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies so far. I ordered speaker wire adapters and front jbl gto 5x7/6x8 speakers. As stated I want to order a sundown sd3 10 . i know to get a wiring kit and a lot. I'm not upgrading the rear speakers.

I'm trying configure out what all to get, a four channel or five. Ideally I'd like to get a three channel but the one I was eyeing is discontinued. I'm trying to keep amp price under $300. What do you all suggest, a five channel or a four channel with the rear channels bridges for the win? I need about 400-500 Watts on the sub channel.

I appreciate the tips on how to wire. Since I'm not just amplifying the substage only does this change how you are recommending I wire things up? Where does the loc wire in in so I can use a four of five channel amp?

Quick Reply: Too many choices/help me/I'm an idiot