Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

tapping in to my aux with an Alpine INA W900

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default tapping in to my aux with an Alpine INA W900

So I just had an Alpine Nav installed and my factory AUX doesnt work and that was the whole point of me getting this installed. I listen to music from my phone and dont have bluetooth on the alpine so I would like to use the factory AUX. Is there a way I can tap in to it? Its a 2012 XLT without Sony or USB, so very basic. I'm hopping to get the AUX function back with the Alpine NAv i just had installed.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by FLiPinoy916
So I just had an Alpine Nav installed and my factory AUX doesnt work and that was the whole point of me getting this installed. I listen to music from my phone and dont have bluetooth on the alpine so I would like to use the factory AUX. Is there a way I can tap in to it? Its a 2012 XLT without Sony or USB, so very basic. I'm hopping to get the AUX function back with the Alpine NAv i just had installed.

Thanks
Just use the usb on the Alpine. There is not an AUX on the Alpine to adapt to the factory AUX input. There is a video input on the Alpine if you want to use that.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't understand what your asking.

The alpine has inputs, USB, RCA, and a 3.5 mm (a 3.5mm jack is the standard headphone jack found on a phone, MP3 player etc...) is this what your calling a AUX? You could also buy a Bluetooth interface.

If you wanted to use the factory installed 3.5mm jack in the dashboard for a clean install. You would need to make an adaptor, going to RCA and using the RCA input on the Alpine would probably be the easiest.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Windup
I don't understand what your asking.

The alpine has inputs, USB, RCA, and a 3.5 mm (a 3.5mm jack is the standard headphone jack found on a phone, MP3 player etc...) is this what your calling a AUX? You could also buy a Bluetooth interface.

If you wanted to use the factory installed 3.5mm jack in the dashboard for a clean install. You would need to make an adaptor, going to RCA and using the RCA input on the Alpine would probably be the easiest.
I do want to use the factory aux jack and keep it looking stock. I don't want additional adapters hanging around and tucked away but it's seems as if I have to "make" and adapter to RCA which I was afraid of. I don't know the ins and outs of the wiring in the truck so I'm assuming I'm gonna need to be cutting rather than plug and play type of fix
Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 PM

I do want to use the factory aux jack and keep it looking stock. I don't want additional adapters hanging around and tucked away but it's seems as if I have to "make" and adapter to RCA which I was afraid of. I don't know the ins and outs of the wiring in the truck so I'm assuming I'm gonna need to be cutting rather than plug and play type of fix
Why do you want to use the factory AUX and not the one built into the Alpine?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Why do you want to use the factory AUX and not the one built into the Alpine?
To prevent additional adapters, cords running thru the truck. I like the position of where the factory AUX is.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:39 PM

To prevent additional adapters, cords running thru the truck. I like the position of where the factory AUX is.
Can't use the factory AUX without an adapter. If you want to make it look clean I would put a USB outlet in your dash next to your AUX and plug the Alpine USB into it from the rear. Like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Car-Bike-Motorcycle-Marine-USB-On-Dash-Mount-Socket-Mounting-Panel-Extension-/251172057346?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7b057102&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 08-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: tapping in to my aux with an Alpine INA W900