Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

System Shoppin'

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:12 PM

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

What's up fellas... I hate seeing those "What should I get??" posts just as much as the next person, but I feel this is the best place to ask a few questions.. Lol.. I have a 2008 Supercrew Lariat that came with the Audiophile sound system, removed factory "sub/amp" and had Ford install the Visteon VNMC-1000 Headunit (Navi/Sirius/DVD/BT/iPod/USB/SD, etc) along with the PAC SWC controls (3-4 unused sets of RCAs, including ones for "Subwoofer/Amplifiers/Speakers, etc".. Long story short, I'm just going to be using the space under the DRIVER'S SIDE of the backseat. I had a Kicker loaded sub enclosure (10" Kicker CVT) w/ an itty-bitty Fosgate P100 or P400 in my old Ranger and was pleased with it.. I'm confident I can pick a decent 10" or 12" Subwoofer w/ a decent box/enclosure to fit under the backseat.. I guess I'm just looking for a little push in the right direction.. I've seen the Pioneer 10" or 12" TS-SWX25 (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...TS-SWX251.html in a sealed or ported enclosure, seen a few people on here pretty impressed with it, and for $100-$110, seems like route I'd like to go.. or something similar.. I guess where I'm needing help is the technical/specs of the SUGGESTED power needed/wanted to make decent sound.. Im definitely set on one subwoofer (10" or 12") in a sub box or enclosure, and an amplifier to power it. Anything will be a nice addition and probably exactly what I'm looking for, but maybe some of y'all could throw out a few suggestions or experiences/setups you've had in the past, etc, etc?

-I've seen the good ole overpriced Kicker Custom Reg Cab Enclosure, Pioneer TS-SWX251 Enclosure and would probably be more than satisfied with that (Not sure about how boxes like that operate if not standing, on their back, etc...), for the price/simple setup... Also, a nice/DECENT box like this caught my attention because of the clean/simple setup and option to get ANY brand/style subwoofer I wanted to put in it..

What exactly does adding better/more powerful component speakers do for sound? Im not opposed to replacing the factory speakers for better ones, but that would require a separate amp, or a better bridged amp with the sub, etc??? What's the pros of adding them along with a subwoofer/amp, etc? Feel free to answer one, two, six or all of my questions... Lol!! Sorry!!!

-Thanks for reading...
Attached Thumbnails System Shoppin'-image-3766362187.jpg   System Shoppin'-image-4265323274.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by RowdyAggie; 09-12-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 PM

Alriiiighty! Sounds good!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:36 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

I wouldn't buy from the Ebay guy "Rodney"... He's pretty damn shady.. Enclosures are NOT built to spec with they type sub you choose being kicker or mb quart i think he uses.. Wrong air space will fck up quality sound

Component door speakers.. You need that clarity.. Makes you feel like you have surround sound.. I went with JL Audio.. Not one complaint running off of head unit.. I know it would sound better if i put a amp on them but i dont need to

Subs.. Probox gets pretty loud and deep
http://www.proboxrocks.com/products/...00/index.shtml
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Cool, legit KR4L.. Thanks for the heads-up about Ole Rodney, I don't use eBay too often for that reason... Yeah, I was just showing an example of that box. It looks decent, but those .. "universal" type boxes just seem sketchy. I'm sure they would work, but doubt I could trust the dimensions, depths, airspace, craftsmanship, etc, etc. The ProBox and FoxBox both look like pretty legit setups and would feel comfortable going with them, but just pull the trigger on something I like... Lol... Deciding on which component/coaxials(rear) to try out w/ the ole HU now..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
"Lifted"

Originally Posted by RowdyAggie
Cool, legit KR4L.. Thanks for the heads-up about Ole Rodney, I don't use eBay too often for that reason... Yeah, I was just showing an example of that box. It looks decent, but those .. "universal" type boxes just seem sketchy. I'm sure they would work, but doubt I could trust the dimensions, depths, airspace, craftsmanship, etc, etc. The ProBox and FoxBox both look like pretty legit setups and would feel comfortable going with them, but just pull the trigger on something I like... Lol... Deciding on which component/coaxials(rear) to try out w/ the ole HU now..
That guy can't tell you **** about the specs of the box he claims to build.. I kept questioning him and from that I knew not to deal with him.. I wanted that same box..

The probox is better quality than the Foxbox.. I have the foxbox and it's pretty good for the full size RE Audio SRX 10's I have but the probox gets louder and deeper bass..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life

That guy can't tell you **** about the specs of the box he claims to build.. I kept questioning him and from that I knew not to deal with him.. I wanted that same box..

The probox is better quality than the Foxbox.. I have the foxbox and it's pretty good for the full size RE Audio SRX 10's I have but the probox gets louder and deeper bass..
Yeah, I hear ya.. I honestly thought FoxBox was comparable or close to the same as a ProBox.. Just want to get quotes and specs and saw $110... And then noticed I was actually on FoxBox's website and I thought it was one of those fake-*** adware search engine sites... Nope, it was FoxAcoustics.com... Lol. Honestly, I like the look and functionality of them, the price, and the fact that plenty of people have them.. Seen a few sketchy reviews/posts (and your posts yesterday.. Figure that out??), but seems like a pretty decent option for my use.. I'm in no hurry though.. PS, I like your paint job on the box.. Ha
Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM
"Lifted"

Fox box is to spec.... .65cu.ft per chamber..i matched my subs to that specific box..
Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life
Fox box is to spec.... .65cu.ft per chamber..i matched my subs to that specific box..
Yeah.. I dig it.. I'm almost tempted to opt for the full-size box instead of just the Single 10" Box behind the driver's side.. Ahh.. Anyway, thanks for the info KR4L. I'll let you know what I go with...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:18 PM

Actually found the brand new Single 10" ProBox for the 04-08 Supercrew for about $70. Super stoked.. Now I can narrow down which sub to go with and amp to power it.. I can see the light...!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
"Lifted"

Originally Posted by RowdyAggie
Actually found the brand new Single 10" ProBox for the 04-08 Supercrew for about $70. Super stoked.. Now I can narrow down which sub to go with and amp to power it.. I can see the light...!!!
I dont think Probox allows anyone to sell their boxes.. If it ain't directly from them i'd ask a lot of questions. Specifically the specs..

Normally i match the subs with the cu.ft of the box.. Can't go wrong with airspace then.. Then the amp is same brand as sub.

You looked at sundown?? That may be a great route to take

Quick Reply: System Shoppin'