Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

System help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Blue Chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System help

I have the stock single cd player setup with the aux jack in my 08 f150. I am looking to just add a single subwoofer and an amp to the stock deck. I know that I am in need of a line output converter (loc), but I was wondering what is the biggest subwoofer size I can go that will fit nicely underneath the supercab seat located behind the drivers seat. I was thinking a single 10 but I measured and seems that wouldn't be able to fit without exceeding the depth of the supercab seat. I don't want the box to stick out at all I just want to add some nice bass for some rock music I listen to. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I was going to completely replace the entire system deck and all with a nice touchscreen indash but the area I live is high theft when it comes to car audio. I had a fully modded taurus sho with a complete system with a nice pioneer avic n1 and the car got broken into several times until it was finally stolen. So I'm going for the nice stock appearance with some good bass.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by DiCe08
I have the stock single cd player setup with the aux jack in my 08 f150. I am looking to just add a single subwoofer and an amp to the stock deck. I know that I am in need of a line output converter (loc), but I was wondering what is the biggest subwoofer size I can go that will fit nicely underneath the supercab seat located behind the drivers seat. I was thinking a single 10 but I measured and seems that wouldn't be able to fit without exceeding the depth of the supercab seat. I don't want the box to stick out at all I just want to add some nice bass for some rock music I listen to. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I was going to completely replace the entire system deck and all with a nice touchscreen indash but the area I live is high theft when it comes to car audio. I had a fully modded taurus sho with a complete system with a nice pioneer avic n1 and the car got broken into several times until it was finally stolen. So I'm going for the nice stock appearance with some good bass.
Alot of manufacturers make shallow mount woofers; pioneer, jl, memphis.. prefabs, like a stealth box or thunderform, work great too..
Old 05-31-2009, 02:44 AM
1979 f-150 4x4

i know what your sayin. i have a 10'' in my truck and it sticks out about 4-5 inches. what i am thinking of doing is making a custom box with 4 6x9's and that should get some good sound if you filter out the highs.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:18 PM

you can get a sub that is 13.5". what is the most you want to spend on it? are you more about cleanness or loudness? if you are willing to spend the money, jl audio makes a 13.5" shallow mount, its probably the easiest/loudest sub you can fit under your seat. DC sound labs makes a level 2 10" woofer that is pretty loud and not too pricey. if you want cleanness then you can go with an MB quart shallow mount, pioneer shallow mount, rockford p3 shallow mount. there are alot of threads abou this use the search on the forum to find them

Quick Reply: System help