Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

system help for 09 f150 xlt screw

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system help for 09 f150 xlt screw

ok guys im new to this site and have been reading through the forums for days now just to get different ideas and there is so much different info on here that my brain is in system over load so im sure these have been asked already and have found diffrent responses but im gonna ask again so sorry in advance. ok like my title says i have a 09 f150 xlt screw. im looking to get a all alpine system installed BUT im thinking keep the stock HU because i like having the temp gauge and directional gauge in there ( not sure if a new after market HU would remove this plus not sure how id install it) but anyways i can do it myself once i got the directions in one place. so with that being said im looking to get the alpine 6.5" speakers for the front and back the front ones though ill get them with the tweeters. im thinking about putting the tweeters either on top of the door trim or next to the door handle where that smaller square piece is. id take other suggestions on that. i rad id need to buy a speaker bracket for the 6.5" speakers so thats cool. then i want to get 2 10" alpine subs not sure which type yet. to go under the back seats. im going to mount the amp behind the seat i think after seeing some photos on here of someone elses. so my questions are 1) how and where do u run new speake wires from the speakers to the HU? 2) is this fairly simple to remove the HU to hook up the new wires? 3)where did u guys find custom made boxes cheap? 4) i read on here somone said that there is a pin to fold down the back seats so you dont have to remove them. is this true> if so wheres the pin? 5) should i run the new speakers to an amp or would the HU be fine? 6) what do i need to hook up the amp top the HU?

and i think thats it for now. id greatly appreciate any help.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/back-s...percrew-29966/
Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/finish...install-48496/

I did all that and posted it it in my thread, to get to the pin you have to fold the seats up, release pin, and then pull the handle to fold both seat and seat back down, its kinda tough the first time, but after you know where it is, it isn't so bad...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

thanks so much for the pin and latch release for the back seat. another question i do have is how in the world do u get the door panels off without scratching and messing things up
Old 06-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by compCoder
https://www.f150forum.com/f30/finish...install-48496/

I did all that and posted it it in my thread, to get to the pin you have to fold the seats up, release pin, and then pull the handle to fold both seat and seat back down, its kinda tough the first time, but after you know where it is, it isn't so bad...

thanks man actually i seen your post and the pics and thats why i decided to put the amp behind the seat. but can u tell me how u connected it to the factory HU and how u got it out. and how u got the door trim off to get to the speakers. thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by em_hova1
thanks so much for the pin and latch release for the back seat. another question i do have is how in the world do u get the door panels off without scratching and messing things up
there is a guide how to remove the door panels in my thread. Get a panel removal tool, they are cheap and really come in handy:

Got mine at advance auto parts for like $8. The only part that is hard to do without scratching is removing the small plate behind the door handle to get to that screw, just have to be careful....i scratched it a small bit, but its not noticeable since its behind the door.

Originally Posted by em_hova1
thanks man actually i seen your post and the pics and thats why i decided to put the amp behind the seat. but can u tell me how u connected it to the factory HU and how u got it out. and how u got the door trim off to get to the speakers. thanks
If you read through it, you will see that I never removed my HU, or even the panels around it. I tapped into the stock wiring in the kick panels for the fronts and the bottom of the b-pillars of the front doors for the rear speakers. Where it was going out from stereo, i ran back to my 3sixty.1 integration device, 3sixty.1 to amp with RCA cables, then speaker wire back to where i cut, and it continued through factory wires through door.

Quick Reply: system help for 09 f150 xlt screw