Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sync/Navigation/Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question Sync/Navigation/Climate Control

I'm interested in getting an upgrade to my 2010 King Ranch Screw. Recently went to an audio dealer who installed an amplifier for my sub-woofer. I asked about installing one for my door speakers and they mentioned not being able to do it because of something with the Sony amplifiers requiring to be in line or i forget what... anyway, is there anyone who has successfully installed two amplifiers to their Screw that has the Sony system with Navigation and climate controls on the touch screen??? I do want to retain the factory radio so that is not an option.

As of now there is a Kenwood mono amplifier that is driving a 12" subwoofer and it sounds ok... but I think if I can get the doors with a little more power and different speakers it would be even better.

Opinions and suggestions??
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I have an amp (Rockford 1000x5) that splices in just after the Sony amp, routes to a 4 channel LOC, then to the Rockford amp, then out to the door speakers. Plus I retained all Sync functions (ie: navigation and bluetooth come from front speakers only). And for the record, I was told by several places that the factory speakers can handle much more power than they're currenly getting. If I hadn't already wasted the time and money to put in Infinty's I would have simply amp'd the factory ones. The Infinity's are awesome but they offered almost nothing more to the factory when they were un-amp'd. Apples-to-apples, you're completely on the right track for the most bang for your buck and biggest improvement with fewest add-on parts.

Besides, if you splice in before the Sony amp you will lose your volume control on the radio. Easiest spot is using the middle plug that attaches to the amp just under the center console. It's six screws to remove the console and then very easy to splice into the wires after you unplug the plug because you can sit on the back floor and work on the wires in a comfortable position.

The "best" option would be to be use a combo of the tweeters, doors and sub and use an expensive device to "summon" the signals together. I don't get it though... I just send the same signal back to the doors that came out of the Sony amp and it far exceeded my expectations. I bet the signal the "summoning" device creates is superior but I'm not sure I'd even notice.

Last edited by sharper4; 04-24-2013 at 02:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sheppard8171 (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:26 PM

Do you know offhand what actual devices that you are running?? I may decide to do this on my own but prefer professional installation. That way when I go to the next place I can explain exactly what needs to be done instead of getting a bulls#$t story on why it will not work.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

I used a fosgate 3sixty.3 processor and summed tweeters, front mids, and sub
Old 04-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sheppard8171
Do you know offhand what actual devices that you are running?? I may decide to do this on my own but prefer professional installation. That way when I go to the next place I can explain exactly what needs to be done instead of getting a bulls#$t story on why it will not work.
So you already have an amp and sub added from a dealer and you just want to send extra power to the stock door speakers?

Buy yourself a 200x4 amp ($125-ish), a wire kit with fuse ($20-ish), speaker wire ($30 for 150ft 12 gauge wire on eBay) and a LOC (4 channel is $25-ish).

A lot of the equipment is generic (ie: speaker wire, wire kit). If you wanted part numbers to consider you could look at something like:
** Rockford Fosgage P400-4 ($160 on Amazon)
** Scosche SLC4 LOC ($20 on Amazon)
^^ I choose the RF P400-4 watt amp instead of a 200 watt amp because I already am familiar with their product line. I'm betting you can find a 200x4 cheaper if you're familiar with other brands. I didn't see a 200 watt RF amp. You'd have tons of room to grow if you ever get aftermarket speakers though.

You can find the door speaker colors with a quick search (or I can send it to you). The best place to splice is under your console. Use the middle plug ... easy access. Send the spliced wire signal to the LOC (to convert it to RCA's), then to your amp and back to the plug so it goes back out to the door speakers.
Sheppard8171 (04-26-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by sharper4

So you already have an amp and sub added from a dealer and you just want to send extra power to the stock door speakers?

Buy yourself a 200x4 amp ($125-ish), a wire kit with fuse ($20-ish), speaker wire ($30 for 150ft 12 gauge wire on eBay) and a LOC (4 channel is $25-ish).

A lot of the equipment is generic (ie: speaker wire, wire kit). If you wanted part numbers to consider you could look at something like:
** Rockford Fosgage P400-4 ($160 on Amazon)
** Scosche SLC4 LOC ($20 on Amazon)
^^ I choose the RF P400-4 watt amp instead of a 200 watt amp because I already am familiar with their product line. I'm betting you can find a 200x4 cheaper if you're familiar with other brands. I didn't see a 200 watt RF amp. You'd have tons of room to grow if you ever get aftermarket speakers though.

You can find the door speaker colors with a quick search (or I can send it to you). The best place to splice is under your console. Use the middle plug ... easy access. Send the spliced wire signal to the LOC (to convert it to RCA's), then to your amp and back to the plug so it goes back out to the door speakers.
So you don't have to sum the mids and tweets up front?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by HTXfX4
So you don't have to sum the mids and tweets up front?
I didn't, no. You're sending the same signal that is currently going to those speakers right back to them.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 AM

Yes please send/pm me information.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

pics ?????
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

only issue with doing it that was is the stock stereo reduces the bass output to the speakers as the volume increases......The best way to do it is to use a DSP of some kind, there are several out there that all seem to do a good job. I personally put an Audison BitTen in my truck and have been extremely pleased with it thus far.
Golferdude1971 (05-02-2013)

Quick Reply: Sync/Navigation/Climate Control