Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

sync issue after stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sync issue after stereo install

We just got done hooking up my door speakers to my amp by going behind the radio. The left side is tied together on 1 channel, and right side is on the other. For whatever reason, now I can only hear bluetooth/sync through the subwoofer (which isnt loud). We went through the pac harness, and only tied into the + and - speaker wires. I fail to understand how now I can hear anything bluetooth related. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on how to fix it.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

The PAC harness carries the Sync signals through the front door wiring.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM

ok, so do to the fact that we spliced into that wiring, that is why we are hearing nothing? I assume if we somehow tied that wiring in from the radio it'd start working again?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM

what if we eliminated the pac harness and hacked up the ford wiring, would it work then with the same way its hooked up now?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Architect

It sounds like you may have wired to the rear channels instead of the fronts. This is evidenced by the subwoofer getting the sync signal, though muted in frequency.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:45 PM

hmm...the pac harness creates the rca outs and remotes without tapping, so possibly it may carry some signal for low frequency, but nothing concerning the subwoofer is "tapped" We have Front Left/Rear Left going to 1 channel on the amp, and Front Right/Rear right on the other channel...i can't see the subwoofer part having anything to do with it...but i must be wrong bc something has to be going on
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Architect

I apologize... and may be confused. You have a PAC harness. You have two amplifiers: one for subs and one for surround. Did you run new wiring from the surround amp to your speakers? Did you use both RCA outs from the PAC to supply signal to your amps? When you say "We have front left/rear left going to one channel of the amp", I'm not sure what you're saying... but it sounds like you spliced outputs, aka "tapped."

In your installation, it doesn't *sound* like you should be cutting any wires unless you replaced the head unit also.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM

i have a 4 channel amp, 2 channels do the subs, 2 channels do the doors. I have molex connectors so the door speakers have to get amplified via feeding the power to behind the radio and splicing in
Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 AM
09 FX4

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

Do you have the Sony or a non-Sony System? For the Sony systems to maintain Sync, you need to tap after the DSP which preferably is down by the kick panels. On the non-Sony can tap the speaker wiring right behind the radio.

The sync only works off the front speakers. If a non-Sony system, my guess is the PAC is using a mix of the signals to feed the RCA's. Try feeding only front speaker wires into PAC.

If you want to tap directly into the Ford harness, get yourself this kit:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...a-BT-5520.html

It plugs between the radio and your wiring harness. Tap into this harness for all your feeds that way your stock wiring is not touched.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 PM

I have the non sony system tapped behind the radio

Quick Reply: sync issue after stereo install