Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Swapped out my sub enclosure

Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Swapped out my sub enclosure

I recently had a JL Audio CS112LG-TW3 enclosure installed. It has a single 12" TW3 driver in a sealed enclosure. It sounded pretty good, but the enclosure itself was too large and stuck out the bottom of the back seat too much. It also didn't have the punch that I thought it would. I decided to look at the CP208LG-W3v3 which has 2 8" W3 drivers in a ported enclosure. I was a bit skeptical about going ported vs sealed given that I listen to mostly country music. However, based on the specs I knew the enclosure would fit well. Also, all the reviews I found online raved about this enclosure. Well, I installed it yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! Not only does it fit perfect, it sounds way better than the single 12". The bass is so tight, and you can feel it in your chest! I tried out some bass heavy music too, and this thing gets pretty damn low. I seriously can't explain how much better it sounds than the 12". I know the enclosure is pricey, but if anyone is looking for a sub enclosure that fits under the back seat of a screw, you should seriously consider this enclosure! I've had so many different audio setups in multiple vehicles over the year, and this is by far the sub setup I'm most happy with.

Old enclosure

New enclosure
Name:  IMG_2551_zpsvwnyafzv.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  800.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2553_zpsz4letq75.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  846.9 KB

Last edited by Pienstar; 08-24-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

do you listen to your music with the rear seats up or down?did you notice any difference?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:04 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by str666
do you listen to your music with the rear seats up or down?did you notice any difference?
Down. I just left them up for the pictures. Honestly, I haven't tried a comparison both ways..... I would imagine though that there might be a difference with the sealed enclosure because all the air would be pushing right up into the seat. Whereas with the ported enclosure, the air is being pushed out both sides and there is nothing to block it. After listening some more yesterday, I'm still amazed that 2 8's are producing so much output!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swapped out my sub enclosure