Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Supercrew sound subwoofer box

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercrew sound subwoofer box

Hey guy's, I recently installed a new system in my 2012 F150 supercrew, I bought the box from supercrewsound.com with two of the image dynamics that they sell on their website. However, i'm not happy with the box and was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to make it sound better, if I turn up the subs loud all you can hear is the box rattling and it doesn't sound good. Any ideas on how to fix this or do I need to buy a new box?
Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Truck Newb

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Is the box rattling, or is it the truck's panels that are rattling?

A little dynomat in the right places should solve your problem.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sure its the box? everything rattles in my truck with bass up

Start with making sure there is a good seal between the subs and box. Any air getting out with present as a "rattling" sound.

Make sure internal wires are taped securely - loose wires can rattle.

Make sure the back of the subs are not touching the box.

Also - if not already doing so try some polyfill. It will also help lower your bass frequency and increase output.

You could also be exceeding the woofers limits - how much power are you putting them?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the quick responses, this is my amplifier http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=44, and I have two of these subs http://www.supercrewsound.com/id10D2v3.html. So I guess it's over powering a little. How can you tell if there is a good seal between the sub and the box? Should i tape the dual voice coil ohm wire to the sub or the box?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Amateur Hour

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Random12
Thanks for the quick responses, this is my amplifier http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=44, and I have two of these subs http://www.supercrewsound.com/id10D2v3.html. So I guess it's over powering a little. How can you tell if there is a good seal between the sub and the box? Should i tape the dual voice coil ohm wire to the sub or the box?
how do you have the subs wired up? That amp might be too much for the subs.. what's your gain set at? I have two of these subs and the same box all from supercrew sounds and the system sounds amazing.... hooked up to a JL 600 watt amp.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

How can you tell if there is a good seal between the sub and the box? Should i tape the dual voice coil ohm wire to the sub or the box?
Usually the carpet is sufficient if its running to perimeter of the speaker cutout. If its not and you mounted right to the mdf without a seal that could be a problem. Window seal foam tape works good. Turn the box up on its back edge so you can see the speakers and watch/listen while playing.

I gorilla tape any loose wire to the box. I also polyfill sealed enclosures which keeps things in place as well. Honestly - you wont hear wire at volume as so much else is vibrating...
Old 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeBoost
Window seal foam tape works good. Turn the box up on its back edge so you can see the speakers and watch/listen while playing.

I use window seal when installing all components and woofers. Its super cheap, and works great. You can pick some up at Lowes, Home Depot, or Wal-mart for around $4. I would suggest the 3/8-5/8" window for woofers, It creates a pretty tight seal and also acts as padding so the sub doesn't vibrate against the MDF and create unwanted noise.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM

I have the subs wired with a positive wire going to a negative on each sub and then from the subs to the amplifier. I have the gain set at two.

I'm thinking of putting polyfill in it to see if that helps. I'll also try the window seal on the box, thanks for the suggestion and i'll let you know how that works out.

Also would mounting the box to the floor help with anything possibly??
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Random12
I have the subs wired with a positive wire going to a negative on each sub and then from the subs to the amplifier. I have the gain set at two.

I'm thinking of putting polyfill in it to see if that helps. I'll also try the window seal on the box, thanks for the suggestion and i'll let you know how that works out.

Also would mounting the box to the floor help with anything possibly??
That means your subs are wired in series. So take whatever impedance each voice coil is, then multiply it by how many voice coils you have.

For instance, if you have two 4ohm Single voice coil subs wired is series you end up with a 8ohm load. Or for two 2ohm single voice coil subs wired is series you would have a 4ohm load.

Whats the specs on the amp and subs? Do you have a link?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 PM

I have the amp and subs linked in the third post.

Quick Reply: Supercrew sound subwoofer box