Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Super Cab Door Panel Removal

Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cab Door Panel Removal

Picked up my '06 F150 yesterday (finally!). Love the factory sub it has, and was tuning the system to my liking, and realized the rattle I was hearing wasn't something loose in the supercab door, but a blown speaker on the driver's side supercab door.

All I want to do is replace the speaker with the same thing that is in there, but how do I go about getting the speaker out? I've looked and found out how to remove the front door panels, and see that the speaker covers just pop off. Is it the same for the supercabs? If there is a topic already posted about this, feel free to direct me that way. I appreciate any help I could receive in this!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:39 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Gotta pull the door panels to get to the rears
http://www.ehow.com/how_6935644_do-f...supercab_.html
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 AM

Did this last weekend to replace the stock speakers.

1.) Pull off the upper (2) plastic trim panels on each side of the window. These are held in place by clips only and require a decent, but even pull.
2.) Pop the window switch trim off the arm rest, disconnect from wiring harness.
3.) Within the arm rest where you remove the switch panel, you will see a black bracket with (3) bolts. You only need to remove the (1) larger bolt going into the door panel. The (2) that attach the bracket to the arm rest can be left in place.
4.) Pop the narrow cover plate off of the door handle bracket. You will see (2) screws inside, remove them both and pull the handle off.
5.) Now you should see (3) bolts left holding the door panel on. (2) on top that were behind the plastic trim you popped off, and (1) exposed on the bottom under the storage compartment. Remove all (3) of these.
6.) Now just grab the door panel by the arm rest, lift up and pull back. If you've taken off all the right parts, it comes off very easy.
7.) Now you have access to the speaker. Assembly is just the reverse.

I also took some pictures... if I can figure out how to upload them I will. Sorry, I'm new to the forum...
Old 04-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Pictures attached...
Attached Thumbnails Super Cab Door Panel Removal-img_0870.jpg   Super Cab Door Panel Removal-img_0869.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Thanks Frankwood, I greatly appreciate the pictures and the 'how to' part. Just need to pick up a replacement speaker from Ford, or maybe I'll just upgrade them since I'll know how to remove both panels. Thanks again!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM

The install went pretty easy! Put some Pioneer 6x8's in, and it not only sounds better, that annoying rattle is gone! (from the blown speaker).
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Good info here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Super Cab Door Panel Removal