Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Sundown SD3 in a supercrew 09-14?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sundown SD3 in a supercrew 09-14?

What box is anybody running that fits a Sundown SD3 in a 09-14 supercrew? I want to run one 10 sealed but not finding anybody posting what they are using that'll fit. I'd prefer I nice prefab than building one at this point. Need sealed as this version is intended for sealed application over ported.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:57 AM
New to F150s

You are not going to find a prefab box for a woofer that massive to custom fit your truck, there simply is no room for it
Old 08-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Iraq Lobster!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not? It's only 4.5" deep so I wouldn't think that it's that difficult. I haven't checked on boxes like the fox box, but I think they give around 5-6", right? Also, it's flat-backed, no vented pole piece, so it's designed for tight squeezes in the box as well. Magnet diameter could be an issue, but it's not a monster. I've been wrong before, especially with this little research.

Last edited by cody6766; 08-06-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking into this as well, talk to CSCstang at caraudio.com/forums he's done a ton of boxes for our trucks, behind/under the seat and has even done sundowns for a guy with our truck. Short answer YES. Read this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/sundo...sd-3-10-a.html
Old 11-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mc01ta
What box is anybody running that fits a Sundown SD3 in a 09-14 supercrew? I want to run one 10 sealed but not finding anybody posting what they are using that'll fit. I'd prefer I nice prefab than building one at this point. Need sealed as this version is intended for sealed application over ported.
Did you end up getting the SD3? I'm looking at doing two of them in my 2012 super crew.

Brandon
Old 11-03-2015, 04:44 AM

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrandonb
Did you end up getting the SD3? I'm looking at doing two of them in my 2012 super crew.

Brandon

Just installed a dual pair under the rear benches of my 2014 XLT.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:35 AM

Can you give a brief review on these wubs if you have them installed? Im sure others would like to know as well.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mc01ta
Can you give a brief review on these wubs if you have them installed? Im sure others would like to know as well.

Still have a lot of fine tuning to do... I went with slam/punch over heavey vibration. at first i was underwhelmed.. then i adjusted my crossover to 63 and 80 Hz and had a nice smile on my face. it allowed me to feel the sub at lower volume. because i listen to classic rock and new country you get what you get. good bass notes and great kick drums. that said i put in some Eminem and f#cking wow. these things thump and pound and punch you in the chest . again without that distorted vibration that you hear coming down the street(hate that). i wanted good clean bass and i feel that's what i got. the bass adjust **** installed upfront works great.

as i fine tune i'll have more to say.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice!!!

I've currently got two JL Audio 10W3s (the first gen... yeah, they're that old... still sound great, though... I've had them about 11 years now, and even then I bought them used) that I love, but I'm thinking this shallow mount Sundowns will give me more of what I love and make installation easier, too. The JLs are vented in the back, I believe, so it will be difficult to make them work under my seat in the back. With these, I won't have that issue and will probably get a slightly better sub to boot.

Keep us updated! Let us know how it goes as you tune.

Speaking of such, how are you doing your tuning? With what equipment?

Brandon
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by cbrandonb
Nice!!!

I've currently got two JL Audio 10W3s (the first gen... yeah, they're that old... still sound great, though... I've had them about 11 years now, and even then I bought them used) that I love, but I'm thinking this shallow mount Sundowns will give me more of what I love and make installation easier, too. The JLs are vented in the back, I believe, so it will be difficult to make them work under my seat in the back. With these, I won't have that issue and will probably get a slightly better sub to boot.

Keep us updated! Let us know how it goes as you tune.

Speaking of such, how are you doing your tuning? With what equipment?

Brandon

Still researching. don't think i'm gonna invest in any equipment.. my plan as of now is to adjust my gains using a 1-kHz sine wave tone and my radio shack analog meter. (just to balance fronts and backs)

great article http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.com...nd-bass-boost/

Quick Reply: Sundown SD3 in a supercrew 09-14?