Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Suggestions for Upgraded Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Suggestions for Upgraded Speakers

I am pretty good with electrical wiring but I have not idea how to go about choosing components for an audio system. I am hoping someone out there can help me choose the right Speakers.

My rig is a 2006 SC and I have replaced the stock head unit with a Pioneer 940BT now I would like to get some speakers that can produce really good sound. I am not sure if I need to buy speakers and tweeters or what the difference is between 4-way or 2-way ones. I am not opposed to adding an amplifier to get more juice to the speakers but I have no desire to add a bass because I don't want to sacrifice underseat storage or really car for the loud bass. I am interested in being able to get good sound over road noise or open windows. Anyone got any good suggestions to help me build a good system.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisguyuknow
I am pretty good with electrical wiring but I have not idea how to go about choosing components for an audio system. I am hoping someone out there can help me choose the right Speakers.

My rig is a 2006 SC and I have replaced the stock head unit with a Pioneer 940BT now I would like to get some speakers that can produce really good sound. I am not sure if I need to buy speakers and tweeters or what the difference is between 4-way or 2-way ones. I am not opposed to adding an amplifier to get more juice to the speakers but I have no desire to add a bass because I don't want to sacrifice underseat storage or really car for the loud bass. I am interested in being able to get good sound over road noise or open windows. Anyone got any good suggestions to help me build a good system.
Alpine Type S coax's for speakers , Type R's if you are going components.
A Mrp-f300 for 4-channel amp.

Fairly cheap for the change in SQ and Volume.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ibd2328
Alpine Type S coax's for speakers , Type R's if you are going components.
A Mrp-f300 for 4-channel amp.

Fairly cheap for the change in SQ and Volume.
alot of my google searches turned up the alpines. What do you mean by components? And do you have a model number(S)?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Take a look at the Infinity Kappas. I used 4 - 680.9cs in my truck from Amazon. They are 2 way with tweeters and crossovers. Infinity makes many different models. Your truck needs 6 X 8's.
Go to crutchfield.com to read about what the different types will do. It will give you a better understanding of what you should buy to fit your needs.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got some JL Audio C3 650's. They are 6 and half inch component speakers. But the tweeter can be mounted on top of the woofer like a co-ax speaker.

I am thrilled to death with them. I've had a lot of speakers and systems over the last 25 years and these are the best I've ever had. They are very clear and accurate. What's supposed to be high is high. Its a little hard to describe. Symbols, chimes, and things are crystal clear high without being piercing, while stuff that's not supposed to be nearly so high, like say a guitar lick, sounds just like it should. These C3 650's that I put in the front are flat out amazing.

I put JL Audio C2 5x7's in the back because I don't really hear the back, but now I think I might swap for C3 650's.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

All of the above are good speakers. Well beyond what any factory sound can produce. The key is the 4-channel amp to push them at optimal level.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Upgraded Speakers