Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Suggestions for front console sub

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Suggestions for front console sub

I'm looking for a way to get more bass out of my 2006 Scab w shifter on the column. I don't want to give up the under seat storage so my only other option is to put one where the console is. I would like to remove the top off my factory console and place it on a homemade sub that will contain an 8" sub so it looks OEM... Or build a sub enclosure into the existing console with major modifications of course. I like the cup holders and the arm rest and a little bit of storage but the inside of my console is HUGE!! I don't need all that junk storage.

I currently have a JVC nav HU and kicker 6X8 components and am about to switch the kickers out for a set of Focal Access components I recently bought. The current setup plays loud enough for me so adding an amp for the Focal might not be in the plan. Of course I will need one for the sub..

Anyone have any ideas/pictures to share?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-18-2014, 10:53 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mbary
I'm looking for a way to get more bass out of my 2006 Scab w shifter on the column. I don't want to give up the under seat storage so my only other option is to put one where the console is. I would like to remove the top off my factory console and place it on a homemade sub that will contain an 8" sub so it looks OEM... Or build a sub enclosure into the existing console with major modifications of course. I like the cup holders and the arm rest and a little bit of storage but the inside of my console is HUGE!! I don't need all that junk storage.

I currently have a JVC nav HU and kicker 6X8 components and am about to switch the kickers out for a set of Focal Access components I recently bought. The current setup plays loud enough for me so adding an amp for the Focal might not be in the plan. Of course I will need one for the sub..

Anyone have any ideas/pictures to share?

Thanks,
Mike
I know there have been others that have added a sub box to the console. Your best bet would be to use the search function
Old 03-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

I love the idea of a nasty 8 built into the stock center console. Something like a sundown sa-8v2 in .75 cubes ported with 700 to 1k pushing it. I wish I had a console just to look at and see if its even possible
Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 PM

Sure, before I posted I did a forum search and found people who created their own console but didn't use any parts of the factory console. They were also somewhat larger than the OEM console. I want to use the top part of factory console with custom sub box below it. Maybe it hasn't been done yet. I only want around 1/2 cu/ft enclosure for an 8" sub. Looking at Sundown or JL.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:20 PM

Now you know what I'm getting at. That SA is one sub I'm strongly considering or JL 8w3v3. Do you think it will have to be ported because it's only an 8". I want a sub for SQ not SPL. I'm going to take my console out and I'll snap a few pics but based on outside dimensions it seems very doable.

Originally Posted by king nothing
I love the idea of a nasty 8 built into the stock center console. Something like a sundown sa-8v2 in .75 cubes ported with 700 to 1k pushing it. I wish I had a console just to look at and see if its even possible
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

I just don't feel like you can get enough output from a single 8 sealed. If you wanted to do a sealed box there are a bunch of 10s that would work well in .75 or less sealed.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by king nothing
I just don't feel like you can get enough output from a single 8 sealed. If you wanted to do a sealed box there are a bunch of 10s that would work well in .75 or less sealed.
I agree, my last competition system consisted of 3 8w6's in a sealed enclosure. It really sounded nice, tight and clean but they just didn't drop as low as my current single 10w3 that I'm in the process of switching out to 2 10w3v3's.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

There are OEM sub center consoles out there.. Ran across one the other day on a website... There is a guy on f150online that did a great write up on the 10" he installed in his center console.. Looks perfectly OEM...

Quick Reply: Suggestions for front console sub