Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Suggestions for factory speaker replacement please ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Suggestions for factory speaker replacement please ...

I'd like some suggestions for replacing the stock speakers in my 2011 screw lariat please.

I'm not presently planning on adding an amp/sub. Maybe a powered sub that would fit under the passenger seat with minimal modifications later on.

But for now I'd just like better sound than stock without getting into a lot of modification, money or time.

Thanks for any suggestions. I've been considering the Polk Db571's in front and rear..

Last edited by BillK; 09-27-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

A lot of people get components but I don't want to drill holes in my door cards so I decided to go with JBL P8662. Seems like they are decent 6x8's. I don't have them yet, will be getting them soon.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...JBL-P8662.html
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it depends on what you want to spend for what quality. sony,jbl,pioneer all have great speakers through out all price ranges
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK
I'd like some suggestions for replacing the stock speakers in my 2011 screw lariat please.

I'm not presently planning on adding an amp/sub. Maybe a powered sub that would fit under the passenger seat with minimal modifications later on.

But for now I'd just like better sound than stock without getting into a lot of modification, money or time.

Thanks for any suggestions. I've been considering the Polk Db571's in front and rear..
I installed the db571 in all 4 doors and am really pleased with them. The bass was okay with them. I wanted more bass and added a powered sub under the rear seat and I am very happy with the results. I used the PAC OEMFRD 24 for RCA input to the sub. Total upgrade took maybe 4 hours. Most time consumed was getting the power through the firewall.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you go to a component then sounds are much better. All you need is a adpater plate for 6X8 to either 6.5 or 5.25 speakers. Both provide superior sound quality to 6X8 or 5X7. However then your going to buy the plate typically about 5 to 10 dollars for it. But if you get to really good speakers they get power hungry and the stock deck does not have enough power to push them so you add an amp off the head unit.....

Quick Reply: Suggestions for factory speaker replacement please ...