Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Subwoofer problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Subwoofer problem

This is really two questions, on is a solution to my first question

1. I have 6.5 kicker VT subwoofers in my back doors right now. I have a 4 channel amp pushing about 125 to each sub. To help with rattling and trying to keep air tight I put dyno mat down. I also cut out a 7x8 block of would, drilled out a hole to fit the subwoofer and drilled that into the door in hopes that it would help stabilize the woofer and not rattle on the door. Well turns out all of this was wrong and the woofers sound like crap. They just get distorted and supply no real bass at all. I have alpine R9 in the two front doors that just over power them. Any suggestions on how to get them to sound better. If not read on......

2. My next question is a solution to above and a question, I was going to take out the subs and put back the R9's I had in the back doors and put the subs in a enclosure and run another amp to them. I don’t really want to put them under the seat but I was thinking about try to build a box that fits behind the back seat. I have a screw 2009. It only needs 3" depth for the magnet and it looks like it would be pretty close. Has anyone tried putting speakers back there?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't gotten any responses. So I just went and bought a 10" Rockford prime shallow and it actually fits behind the back seat and sounds awesome. Adds the much needed bass to my system. I'll get up pictures soon. I have one problem right now the seats won't fold up Becuase it hits the box but and I can't get the seat folded down. So I am workin on that but I haven't lost any floor space.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer problem